account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Pioneer
Message 231 of 794
Message 231 of 794

Re: Android pie

Patience please.

After a new release it can take up to a month before the update reaches your region.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Regular
Message 232 of 794
Message 232 of 794

I received mine yesterday but am going to wait until smb says it supports phone call recording. Does anybody know by the way how to switch off the update notification? I read they now restrict call recording in Pie so I might be staying with Oreo.

One time poster
Message 233 of 794
Message 233 of 794

When will the android 8 oreo update come out?

When will the android 8 oreo update come out?

gt

Visitor
Message 234 of 794
Message 234 of 794

Can I ask what network & area you are in? Curious if that makes a difference. 

One time poster
Message 235 of 794
Message 235 of 794

Sony Xperia XZ Premium Androir 9.0 Pie

Bonjour je souhaite savoir quans es ce que la mise à jour Android 9.0 Pie débarque sur les XZ Premium car nous somme à mis novembre et toujours rien. 

Merci à vous. 

Hello I wish to know when are the update Android 9.0 Pie arrives on the XZ Premium because we are put November and still nothing.
Thank you.

gt

Highlighted
Message 236 of 794
Message 236 of 794

Xperia XZ1 not getting an Anroid Pie update

I had been updated by many third party technology sites as well as sony itself that they will soon get the Android Pie to Xperia XZ1 too. But it's been weeks from October 26 when the devices officially rolled into the new software. But on the other hand my XZ1 is not showing any signs of Anroid Pie update rather the Support says its running on the latest software as planned for this device ie. Android Oreo.

I am deeply concerned on this topic because it's been confirmed by the company itself, their claim is legitimate as well as many Xperia users are getting the update whereas I'm still stuck on the same old version. This disappoints me the most as the news is official and i here still am helpless with my device. I don't know if it's a country problem or anything else but i would really like to know the reason of stoppage behind it as soon as possible. Sony is known foe it's uniqueness and perfection but things like these stops all the heads to look up. Please get me a solution or a delay reason behind my problem if anyone's experiencing the same.

Regards, 

Yuvraj 

Apprentice
Message 237 of 794
Message 237 of 794

Update for pie

When will the pie 🥧 update available for xz1 dual. I have been waiting for 1 month to update till release. 

One time poster
Message 238 of 794
Message 238 of 794

Re: Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

XZ1 Update on Germany T-Mobile avaiable now. 

One time poster
Message 239 of 794
Message 239 of 794

HK version update

could you please explain why my Hk version still cant receive the pie update???

with almost all other version have got their updates???

this is very annoying

One time poster
Message 240 of 794
Message 240 of 794

Re: Will xperia r1 plus receive android p or 9.0

R1 plus not get any updates on future.