account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 201 of 824
Message 201 of 824

When i able to update soft wear 9

When i able to update soft wear 9

One time poster
Message 202 of 824
Message 202 of 824

Re: Where is Pie?

TBH I am a little disappointed that the XZ Premium got the update earlier than the XZ2 Premium. The fact that nearly the whole XZ-lineup (XZ Premium and higher) is running Pie and the XZ2 Premium is 'left behind' seems sad. I just hope there is a good reason for the delay (like properly implementing dual camera API's for example).

Message 203 of 824
Message 203 of 824

Screenshot_20181109-005529.png

So Sony is finally texted to me on Twitter and I hope they will solve the problem soon 

Learner
Message 204 of 824
Message 204 of 824

Re: Sony Xperia XA2 Android P?

Very bad. I will not buy Xpreia again. Yesterday I have upgraded of my second phone iPhone5 (model is quite old) to new IOS 12.

I bought it about 5 years ago. Its working great still.

Thats the reason why dont choose that brand.

Clear, going to down day by day like your notebooks.

I have Xa1 and there is nothing with that...

Commissioner
Message 205 of 824
Message 205 of 824

@Jonas

why does sony not comment this? two weeks over and no pie for any one as was promised

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
One time poster
Message 206 of 824
Message 206 of 824

Agreed .    First and last Sony.. 

Regular
Message 207 of 824
Message 207 of 824

I'm not sure what the over-the-top backlash is for. Sony is among the best manufacturers when it comes to updates on Android phones. I agree that it would be nice for them to explain what the hold-up is, but it's not hard to imagine they had some problems/bugs with the update and are working on fixing them before the update is released. As much as I want the update I would rather it not have major bugs and wait a little longer. 

Learner
Message 208 of 824
Message 208 of 824

I think they do not want to pay any new lisance cost for older phones. Okey Sony save your money lose your customer.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 209 of 824
Message 209 of 824

You have lost me as a customer not giving Pie to the XA1 to save on the licence fee. The phone is less than 2 years old. Think I'll get a Samsung or a Chinese brand. I'm sure loosing my money on a new phone is more than the licence.

Inhabitant
Message 210 of 824
Message 210 of 824

@DJFliX  Don't be mistaken... Only the XZ2, XZ2 Compact and XZ3 are running with android 9.0 for now. XZP/XZ1/Compact are delayed just like XZ2P.