account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Adept
Message 161 of 786
Adept
Message 162 of 786
Message 162 of 786

Xz premium no android P yet?? When?!

You promised us on 26 of October and nothing yet to show in any region! Why post a release date if youre not going to stand by your word?? Even if its delayed or whatever, we need to be informed not forgotten! Why is it late? When are we supposed to receive it?? 

Highlighted
Message 163 of 786
Message 163 of 786

Re: Xz premium no android P yet?? When?!

Considering just how advanced Sony is in rolling out P in comparison to pretty much anyone else, we're hardly at the point where we can say it's "late" and demand answers.

Maybe a last minute glitch was found, maybe a little more tweaking is needed, maybe the 26th wasn't right for getting the software out to the devices?

I know more people will appreciate the small delay in favour of a better update with less bugs.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 164 of 786
Message 164 of 786

viridis ok im an understanding customer and I understand that there might be delays as I stated in my post "even if there is a delay we should be informed ...etc" 

we dont own a sony to compare our frequency of software updates to other manufactures.
We had in mind in the first place the update was being released in the early 2019 and I was ok with it, then Sony decides to inform us that its coming in October 26 and it didnt, and they didnt even care to share with us why and until when its delayed, we practically know nothing about reasons and new release date, im not mad or demanding a firm answer of when it will be released, all I am asking (and many others) is to be informed whenever something not planned is happening, why its happening, when should it be fixed (approximately)

thanks for the reply 

Inhabitant
Message 165 of 786
Message 165 of 786

The update is delayed because of last minute bug fixes. Just hope it will be released till the end of the week.

Adept
Message 166 of 786
Message 166 of 786

Where did you read that? 

Commissioner
Message 167 of 786
Message 167 of 786

@FragmentVision

i wonder too where did you read it?

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Learner
Message 168 of 786
Message 168 of 786

_20181101_104300.JPG

Next android version planned yet ? Until yesterday, android pie 9.0 have been seen in software update.

Inhabitant
Message 169 of 786
Message 169 of 786

@mrnino and @LionK i read it in xda forum for the xzp almost a week ago the info was from some sony insider i think.

Adviser
Message 170 of 786
Message 170 of 786

Xperia XZ1 Android 9.0 Pie - WHEN?

Wasn't it supposed to come on October 26th? I'm still waiting and checking a few times a day. Does anyone have it yet? If you do - feel free to tell me from which country you got the phone from,so I can download the appropriate firmware from xperifirm. Thanks in advance!