account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Pie 9 When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

SOLVED
Talent
Message 61 of 771
Message 61 of 771

Re: Two years of promised updates

@viridis wrote:

@RihoP wrote:

Hi.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2018/02/01/sony-mobile-official-android-upgrade-policy-firmware/

This was the first link I found, but search Google and it's full of the same statement from Sony.

No, Google is full of the same statement off Xperiablog.

Believe me, I've looked and cannot find this official source, and I mean anywhere.

No, Google Pixel 2 / 2 XL and above ( 3 years ) including 3 major updates & security batch updates.

Like pixel 2 , lunched with 8 and now updated to 9, still there are 2 extra 10 & 11. But the manufacturers like Sony or Samsung only 2 major updates like 8 and 9 for XZ premium OR 9 and 10 for XZ2 series.

Adviser
Message 62 of 771
Message 62 of 771

Re: Two years of promised updates

Just 1 update for XZs, how can you persuade me to buy another phone from you, SONY?!!!

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 63 of 771
Message 63 of 771

Re: Sony Xperia XA2 Android P?

Hello everyone !

For questions and availability regarding Android 9.0 (Pie), please see the post on our product blog that is linked below.

https://blogs.sonymobile.com/2018/08/16/can-update-xperia-android-pie/

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 64 of 771
Message 64 of 771

Re: Sony Xperia XA2 Android P?

So what exactly was the point of this post? To rub salt into our wounds? We are talking here about Sony being an a...hole for not updating their less than 2/1.5 year old flagships and then some "official support guy" just has to re-post the reason their (former) customers are ranting about.

I'll then post OnePlus's update policy: "As per the maintenance schedule, there will be 2 years of regular software updates from the release date of the phone (release dates of T variants would be considered), including new features, Android versions, Android security patches and bug fixes and an additional year of Android security patch updates every 2 months." So as I bought an OP6, I get 2.5 years of Android updates - what about you, Sony? And then they are "stunned" for years and years, why their sales are plummeting with constantly rising prices, stale or weird design choices and incomprehensible support. There are so many amazing Xperia fan renders to draw inspiration from, price your flagships competitively, stop releasing new flagships every 6 months that take 3 months to become actually available after announcement and instead provide Pixel-like support. Sony logo doesn't have the same appeal as it did 20y ago - you have to work and promote yourself really hard to make a comeback.

Apprentice
Message 65 of 771
Message 65 of 771

What about pie update for r1 plus

The 2 year life span have not been finished for the r1 plus yet but we do not receive any security update or ota from sony. Sony please take into consideration . 

Regular
Message 66 of 771
Message 66 of 771

Xperia XZ inside 2 year flagship android updates why not Android P ???

Hi Sony Software Development Team and Marketing team,

You always say that your flagship models will get 2 year Android updates from its release, and Xperia XZ was released in september of 2016.
Android P was officially released to public on August 6, 2018 (Much earlier to developers).
That's clearly in the 2 year support period.

There is also no technical reason based on its processor to not get this update.

So you will not to keep your word?

Regular
Message 67 of 771
Message 67 of 771

Re: Xperia XZ inside 2 year flagship android updates why not Android P ???

Sony Mobile Android Upgrade Policy

“We aim to support all premium range devices with the latest Android updates for two years after the device has launched. We may choose not to upgrade a mid-range or entry-level device if testing does not meet our exacting standards and we feel the hardware isn’t capable of delivering a stable user experience.

Message 68 of 771
Message 68 of 771

@Lemmans wrote:

Sony Mobile Android Upgrade Policy

“We aim to support all premium range devices with the latest Android updates for two years after the device has launched. We may choose not to upgrade a mid-range or entry-level device if testing does not meet our exacting standards and we feel the hardware isn’t capable of delivering a stable user experience.

Yes we've all seen that quote on the internet, but please provide a link to the source...

No one seems to be able to find it.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 69 of 771
Message 69 of 771

All sources come from this original one:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2018/02/01/sony-mobile-official-android-upgrade-policy-firmware/

Maybe its a fake new...

One time poster
Message 70 of 771
Message 70 of 771

Android pie

Does xa1 have a support to Android pie