account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

One time poster
Message 691 of 2,330
Message 691 of 2,330

Android7

My phone is Xperia c4
How I can update it to Android 7???
Visitor
Message 692 of 2,330
Message 692 of 2,330

Hello As one of the customers sony company ancients, we are keen to provide the best product from th

Hello
As one of the customers sony company ancients, we are keen to provide the best product from this company honored, and we noticed catastrophic mistakes in the last update that arrived for users of Xperia phones sony z5 Dual Please send updates without errors.
Mustafa from Iraq
One time poster
Message 693 of 2,330
Message 693 of 2,330

No Android 7 for Sony Z5 (E6653)

Hey Is there no Upgrade from Android 6 to Android 7? Z5 Premium got the update to Android 7.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 694 of 2,330
Message 694 of 2,330

Re: No Android 7 for Sony Z5 (E6653)

Hi @Jarnek, Welcome to the community.

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm specific date for any particular firmware release due to the nature of the approval process as the updates are customised by multiple parties before being released.

Once the update is customised by Sony it would then be passed on to your service provider to make any required adjustments for their network.

Please be aware that if your handset has originated outside your region this can also cause a delay in the release.

Once the software is ready to be downloaded on your unit, you will receive a notification on your phone advising of the option to update.

For further information regarding the approval process please see here.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/The-software-update-collection-topic/m-p/348066#U348066

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 695 of 2,330
Message 695 of 2,330

Nougat for Xperia XA Ultra

They talked a lot about this update and say it will arrive in Q1, but exactly when?
Message 696 of 2,330
Message 696 of 2,330

Re: Nougat for Xperia XA Ultra

@Joey1234

Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on PC Companion and on Sony Blog page.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 697 of 2,330
Message 697 of 2,330

N update

I've heard that my z3 will be getting the N update.does anyone know when
Message 698 of 2,330
Message 698 of 2,330

Re: N update

As far as we are aware, Z3 will not receive android nougat update, sorry.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 699 of 2,330
Message 699 of 2,330

Re: N update

@Alias249

What @viridis said, based on Sony's official statement about Nougat update roadmap:

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2016/08/23/sony-xperia-and-android-7-0-nougat/

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 700 of 2,330
Message 700 of 2,330

Re: how to find my xperia's country region

SI 1298-5203 Rev4. I am using Xperia Z5 Dual and have not yet recieved android 7.0. How can i update my android from 6.0.1 to 7.0