account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Message 61 of 2,168
Message 61 of 2,168

Re: Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

You expected nougat on Z2?
Your expectations are set too high I'm afraid.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 62 of 2,168
Message 62 of 2,168

Out of the others, I'd only really expected Z3 & M5, the others would soon turn into steaming piles of crud on N.
You gotta remember, they would all need optimising to hell to run N and Sony are better off sticking to devices that would yield better results.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 63 of 2,168
Message 63 of 2,168

All Z3 Soon To Be Obsolete?

Sony decided to leave us Z3/Z3C owners in the dust: Reports are there will be no Android OS 7 (Nougat) for the Z3.

That means, soon there will no longer be up to date apps available. Which means, the product becomes useless and worthless.

If Sony sticks with its decision to abandon these models only two years after introduction (never mind you can update a 2012 iPhone to current OS), my loyalty to the brand will be no more, and I will never buy another Sony phone.

One time poster
Message 64 of 2,168
Message 64 of 2,168

Message to SONY - Android Nougat - Will the Z3 be getting it?

Hello, 

Will the Z3 be getting the update of android n?

Theo

Learner
Message 65 of 2,168
Message 65 of 2,168

Learner
Message 66 of 2,168
Message 66 of 2,168

Hi I have a Sony xperia Xa (F3111) and today I checkt my tel for any updates and I have a message that will receive Android 7.0 but it depends when the Mobil provider release it T-mobile Netherlands yep iam Dutch but has any one else have a message that there tel receive a update I no it will not be this year because every where I look the talk about February 2017.
Inhabitant
Message 67 of 2,168
Message 67 of 2,168

If thats what Sony is going to do then this would also be my last sony device coz if u are even admitting that your phones are crud then you viridis are even worse than crud. 😷
Visitor
Message 68 of 2,168
Message 68 of 2,168

It's quite embarassing to know Z3,One of their most successful Xperia Device,NOT getting Nougat.

As far as I have searched,There are 3 reasons for this

1) If you closely notice,You will see that most companies are looking forward to update their Flagship Devices at first

2) Another thing is that,Nougat completely removes support for 32-bit ARM CPUs.So only SD805 and above are supported

3) The Code Nougat removes,Are known as MSM8974,These were present in the Beta/Developer Preview and strange

enough,Google decided to remove support for them,So it's not possible to run it

I have a feeling that,Since Android can be completely changed by any company that's using it on their Phones,Sony can potentially ADD THAT CODE back on Nougat and release it on older devices without affecting performance or having too much coding work

I really hope they bring back support for E4G (Atleast update it to Lolipop damnit),M4 Aqua and M5,C5 Dual and the Z3.They are shooting themselves in the foot with this.

Heck,Even the Z2 can be supported because Z3 and Z2 are technically similar

Adviser
Message 69 of 2,168
Message 69 of 2,168

Android nougat update for sony xperia announced, but z3 series is excluded from the list

Why update is excluded for z3 series. It's still a good phone... Only two major update for this flagship phone.. Hoping sony add z3 series in the list later..
One time poster
Message 70 of 2,168
Message 70 of 2,168

Android N is going to be On october, so chill out from sony z4 to xperia x performance