account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Learner
Message 671 of 2,330
Message 671 of 2,330

Re: Nougat no update

Thanks for the reply. So my phone is OK. It will just update when everything is ready to do so! Was just slightly worried about buying an unlocked phone on ebay etc.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 672 of 2,330
Message 672 of 2,330

Re: Nougat no update

@Chris1978,

No problem. Generally when you buy a phone from ebay it is from overseas, so it may take longer to get the update than usual.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Message 673 of 2,330
Message 673 of 2,330

When I have upgrade to Android 7.0 ?

Why after almost 1 month, Xperia Z5 dual version HongKong and Singapore still can't be upgraded to Android 7.0 ? I waited too long times for it. Sony forget us ? 

Untitled.jpg

Adviser
Message 674 of 2,330
Message 674 of 2,330

Re: When I have upgrade to Android 7.0 ?

Single-SIM in HK, SG and Taiwan don't have it either! Xperia X in Taiwan also doesn't have Nougat.

Maybe they think people in these countries buy new phones everyday and don't use Z5 anymore... Ridiculous that many European carriers are getting the update first - T-Mobile just got the latest Nougat build today!

Adviser
Message 675 of 2,330
Message 675 of 2,330

Re: When I have upgrade to Android 7.0 ?

That is so true. Sony seems to continue forgeting the people who have used Z5 Premium. The said especially after Z5 Premium sony would no longer role out new model half a year especially with the Z model phones. Yet after Z5P they discontinue the Z series and rather just put an X infront of the Z and say its a new model and 6 months later a new model come out. 

Practically a slap in a face to all the loyal sony Z users. I have been a sony user since the hey days. From Z series to Z2 to Z3+ and Z5P now. Yet I am very deeply disppointed with Sony. After such a long time with Sony they forget to update the phones. More and more problems arisen since each update. And not fixing.

Also what is the point of having a good hardware for your camera when your software is rubbish. I have tested Z5P so many times at night time. It cant even beat Iphone6. The hardware is good but software is crap. Samsung uses sony lens yet their picture is much better yet their sony hardware is not as good as sony z5. yet the photos are better.

All phones nowdays are waterproof too now. You better get your act together. From your new phones to old. You should always remember your loyal users and update the software properly.

Come on Sony. If you really really want to still be making mobile phones in a few years time. You get your act together. Even iphones have new recylcing and discounting new phoens with trade in and Samsung has. Sony doesnt even have anything.

Those new Chinese phones Huawei, Oppo, Xiami can attract definitely alot of new users. For one Z5P phone I can get two of those. That means within a space of 6months I can actually use two new phones.. 

Maybe it is time to say good bye to you Sony after all these days. Obviously you do not care about your Loyal customer base.

Adept
Message 676 of 2,330
Message 676 of 2,330

Xperia Z5 6653 not software update yet

Hii I'm still waiting for Android Nougat 7.0,I even try on a pc but nothing yet, I'm still on marshmallow, it's that normal!?
Forum Legend
Message 677 of 2,330
Message 677 of 2,330

Re: Xperia Z5 6653 not software update yet

yes

Xpericheck.com

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Rookie
Message 678 of 2,330
Message 678 of 2,330

Will the €270 Xperia M5 get Nougat?

Hi there just wondering will my Xperia M5 get the Nougat update? Marshmallow is beautiful and all but I would love to see Nougat coming to my device as its quite powerful and we'll able to handle Nougat.

Éire
Apprentice
Message 679 of 2,330
Message 679 of 2,330

E6833 Xperia z5 premium dual

When do we get the 33.3.A.0.378 update?? Because .376 has very low volume even it was on maximum,
Commissioner
Message 680 of 2,330
Message 680 of 2,330

Re: Will the €270 Xperia M5 get Nougat?

Unfortunately the m5 isn't in line for the Nougat update. Mm 6.0 will probably be its final os update.