account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Highlighted
Talent
Message 21 of 2,336
Message 21 of 2,336

Re: Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

The z2 has had its final big os update to mm, pretty sure that N will be the z3's last big os update aswell.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 22 of 2,336
Message 22 of 2,336

Android 7 for m4 aqua

Hi guys i wanted to know is that possbile to android 7 will come for m4 aqua or not ?

thx 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 23 of 2,336
Message 23 of 2,336

Re: Android 7 for m4 aqua

android marshmallow is the End of support for M4 Aqua
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 24 of 2,336
Message 24 of 2,336

thx for answer 

but m4 is a powerfull phone wish they could do something about it Slightly frowning Face 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 25 of 2,336
Message 25 of 2,336

@HosseinSgh

Perhaps a custom ROM

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 26 of 2,336
Message 26 of 2,336

@uliwooly for custom rom you need atleast need device tree kernel source and vendor which Sony as provided but it's still not booting for other all device there is aosp supported even z1 android n preview is going on and they got android n booted too but still m4 didn't lollipop aosp marshmallow aosp it's still not booting it's more than a year now still we are waiting for Sony dev to release the bootable blobs for m4
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 27 of 2,336
Message 27 of 2,336

Eish i hope m4 aqua 16gb will be for android 7☺
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 28 of 2,336
Message 28 of 2,336

Not gonna happen, mm is it's final big os update. It's a mid-range device not a flagship.
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 29 of 2,336
Message 29 of 2,336

It's still only a mid-range device and its had its big os update and by the time Sony release N anyway m4 aqua will be end of life device more than likely
Highlighted
Genius
Message 30 of 2,336
Message 30 of 2,336

Although am sure Sony got already all the sdks to build the image, no one can tell you when N will be available to any device as it will be first to be released to the nexus family (this will happen mid/end of August) then probably oems and Sony will start scheduling the upgrade and release info on what device will get it and when.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!