account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Enthusiast
Message 121 of 2,331
Message 121 of 2,331

Re: Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Nice so z5 will hopefully getting it in late December or early January
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 122 of 2,331
Message 122 of 2,331

@Erik2017 wrote:
Nice so z5 will hopefully getting it in late December or early January

This text is from xperiablog.net news: "We should then see the 2015 Xperia Z series be updated around December 2016. This will include updates for the Xperia Z5 family..." - http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/09/23/sony-xperia-android-nougat-roadmap-leaks/ Slightly smiling Face

Commissioner
Message 123 of 2,331
Message 123 of 2,331

can't you see. Z5 Series in December happy to see that. i hope sony will do it 

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 124 of 2,331
Message 124 of 2,331

@kanchuka wrote:

can't you see. Z5 Series in December happy to see that. i hope sony will do it 

This information is by xperiablog.net, it's unofficial blog, i'm not sure that this information is 100% right Slightly smiling Face

Genius
Message 125 of 2,331
Message 125 of 2,331

@euphorics I won't be surprised if this time Sony and other OEMs will respect timelines because Google warned that if a manufacturer will release updates slowly they will end up in the personal Google Hall of Shame lol - and I suppose that Nougat, being not that different from Marshmallow, will be easier to upgrade to. Probably the entire new Android ecosystem is designed to be easily upgradable.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 126 of 2,331
Message 126 of 2,331

@YoGem wrote:
@euphorics I won't be surprised if this time Sony and other OEMs will respect timelines because Google warned that if a manufacturer will release updates slowly they will end up in the personal Google Hall of Shame lol - and I suppose that Nougat, being not that different from Marshmallow, will be easier to upgrade to. Probably the entire new Android ecosystem is designed to be easily upgradable.

I just wrote what i saw in past and with Marshmallow, even with Marshmallow... I still did not got Marshmallow - suprise..., but i think i'm not only, a lot of users did not got Marshmallow yet, but Sony already by xperiablog.net talking about early Nougat releases Slightly smiling Face For me sounds little like fantasy and xperiablog.net news that Sony rolling out updates and beta program in the same time (how i understood), Z - series plans too sounds like rumors and xperiablog.net speculations. I just honestly siad what i think, it's only my opinion. If i'm wrong and Sony this time how i wrote before changed and updates will roll out so early, by plans... it will be great news for Sony's Xperia devices users which will get Nougat Slightly smiling Face I've never siad that impossible to do that, i just siad that sounds like fantasy (including beta program i mean in the same time - for me little strange, why need beta program if u releasing update already? If someone will find bugs they will report without beta program, but maybe i understanding everything wrong) Slightly smiling Face It's only my opinion, it doesn't mean that Sony will not do that Slightly smiling Face

Commissioner
Message 127 of 2,331
Message 127 of 2,331

don't tell like that what is your mobile phone and where are you i mean your country. its depend on it so i think Sony now release marshmallow already. now they have to release nougat. i think they will do it in that mention period.

Do not forget to give kudosKudos 2.JPGand to select the correct answer Solution.JPG

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 128 of 2,331
Message 128 of 2,331

@kanchuka wrote:

don't tell like that what is your mobile phone and where are you i mean your country. its depend on it so i think Sony now release marshmallow already. now they have to release nougat. i think they will do it in that mention period.

Do not forget to give kudosKudos 2.JPGand to select the correct answer Solution.JPG

The first this is not fight ring so relax and cheer up Slightly smiling Face Second i wrote just my opinion, for me everything sounds too good to be true. But we will see. I've never siad that impossible, i just said strange, sounds like fantasy and ect. But this is just my opinion, i can be wrong. You shouldn't be so emotional it's just update. Some users did not got Masrhmallow yet, you already want to get Nougat - be patience and you will see everything: when, how, who and ect Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 129 of 2,331
Message 129 of 2,331

Sensible post - instead of raising hue and cry about the latest OS version, one should look at the resource footprint it requires - RAM, processors, HD space, etc. If you are an IT guy, you'll know that same rule applies to mobiles as it applied to PCs and laptops. So once the latest OS is upgraded tp the phone, the next hue and cry would be about : Why is my phone so slow...?? Slightly smiling Face)

One time poster
Message 130 of 2,331
Message 130 of 2,331

I agree. I havev an E4g and its frustrating and disappointing to see that this phone has not been updated from kitkat despite it being quite new. It was released only last year.
Ppl are talking about OS 7 and the E4g is still stuck at 4.4- kitkat.