account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Enthusiast
Message 1241 of 2,331
Message 1241 of 2,331

Re: Nougat update for xa ultra

My phone will soon soon be getting version 7, finally the network operator will be realising it, quick question I got my z5 at store (optus in Australia)  ,  and just recently, switched networks   (Vodafone)  with a different sim card, which network will I get network with, thanks 

Inhabitant
Message 1242 of 2,331
Message 1242 of 2,331

Where is Xperia XA/XA Ultra 7.0 Update

Hi.

All Other xperia X Series is on 7.1.1 or 7.0 with May Security Update only phone left is XA and XA Ultra are they going to give the update or no.. many users are facing battery issue with Xperia XA/XA Ultra to what i know 7.0 comes with better battery management. i hope sony gives the update. they taking too long for the update of remaining phone. official Xperia Support Team atleast tells us when you are expecting update to roll out? becasue i did send mail to Xperia Customer Support i haven't got any reply other than computer generated mail.

Apprentice
Message 1243 of 2,331
Message 1243 of 2,331

Where is the Android7.1.1 update!

IMG_2446.PNGIMG_2447.PNG
Almost every region's X Performance has updated to Android7.1.1.Where is the CE1's update?!I'm waiting it for two weeks

Message 1244 of 2,331
Message 1244 of 2,331

Re: Where is the Android7.1.1 update!

Hello @Yichen

Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adviser
Message 1245 of 2,331
Message 1245 of 2,331

As much as we all want to know when the updates will be rolled out but none of us here knows,only time will tell. But one thing is for sure they will be updating it 😊. I have an Xperia XA and also still waiting for the updates. Let's just always find time to check our phones for any notifications for updates. 😊 It's good to know that everyone is excited about it. I am excited too! 😊

Visitor
Message 1246 of 2,331
Message 1246 of 2,331

Update to marshmallow 6.0

Has Anyone in the L10 area of Liverpool received the 6.0Marshmallow Update on The M4 Aqua

Message 1247 of 2,331
Message 1247 of 2,331

Re: Why my Z5p still not updated to Android7.0?

I have the xperia XZ and still no nougat... they said we have to wait.... my Z5 Premium, Samsung S6 Edge and the Moto X i used to you all already have it!

One time poster
Message 1248 of 2,331
Message 1248 of 2,331

I havent received android 6 update yet

Its been a long since android marshmellow is rolling for m4 aqua but i havent received update yet in India...Android 7 is already out,most of the devices has already got an update but for m4 aqua i havent got any...Its time for upgrading directly to android 7 ,else it would take another couple of years again to get android 7 update from android 6.

I hope you better solve the issue of software update ASAP.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 1249 of 2,331
Message 1249 of 2,331

Re: I havent received android 6 update yet

Hi @Shardul97, welcome to the community.

Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to avail of the updates for specific models.

Based on the information I currently have available to me it does not appear that the Xperia M4 Aqua will be receiving the 7.0 update. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 1250 of 2,331
Message 1250 of 2,331

I think Sony should release nougat for XA family, we waited longest. Are they testing our patience??? It's mid way may. When are we supposed to get nougat? Every year new Android, every year new Sony, but Sony rarely releases updates to their customers, one phone gets only one major android update and no further updates. At least, release one for us. Listen somebody. XA family is not that old and not that cheap in price, I bought mine F3216 in mid November last year and for 30K INR. Give some respect us too. We're waiting and waiting and waiting with patience. Does it value nothing?