account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Enthusiast
Message 471 of 2,331
Message 471 of 2,331

Nougat missing in action

Has anyone in the US received this update yet?

Enthusiast
Message 472 of 2,331
Message 472 of 2,331

Re: Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

sonys downfall in the firmware seems to have started since they change the process for testing and release firmware ealier last year...that i've noticed anyway.

there was news stories/press releases in the way they are going to release firmware. obviously its made things worse

Emperor
Message 473 of 2,331
Message 473 of 2,331

@Martin20

Could you elaborate on your claim and post some source links?

On a side note, this is an interesting article

http://www.androidauthority.com/android-oem-update-speed-743073/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 474 of 2,331
Message 474 of 2,331

JonC wrote: Well, with my Z1, Z2, Z3c, Z2 tablet & Z4 tablet, historially UK sim free got the updates last or next-to last.  All to do with getting it "approved by UK providers first".  The comparison I'm making is that Samsung released the S7 Edge firmware to UK sim-free phones BEFORE the Vodafones, O2s, EEs, 3s of this world, not after like Sony.

Compare to Samsung treatment of the following handsets, none has gotten their updates: Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge Plus, Note 5, Tab A w/ S Pen, Tab S2, A3 & A8. The truth is Beta Users have been given the updates and already hit road block in China. And they are in truth not any faster than other brands. The fastest that gets updated should be Motorola, they started in December 2016.

Public-release-Android-7-Nougat-update-rolling-to-all-Galaxy-S7-and-S7-edge-handsets-in-beta-test-ma...

Talent
Message 475 of 2,331
Message 475 of 2,331

@Bearings wrote:

Compare to Samsung treatment of the following handsets, none has gotten their updates: Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge Plus, Note 5, Tab A w/ S Pen, Tab S2, A3 & A8. The truth is Beta Users have been given the updates and already hit road block in China. And they are in truth not any faster than other brands. The fastest that gets updated should be Motorola, they started in December 2016.

Public-release-Android-7-Nougat-update-rolling-to-all-Galaxy-S7-and-S7-edge-handsets-in-beta-test-ma...

Bearings your info is out of date.  I am not a Beta user, I have the full Nougat for my UK sim-free S7 Edge before the UK operator versions, unlike Sony, who in the PAST against what was at the time against their flagship phones Z1, Z2, Z3c and current tablets at the time Z2 and Z4 did not release any update to sim-free devices before the branded version due to some stupid reason.  There are plenty of postings against those devices on this site from UK sim-free device owners arguing why they have to wait for "operator approval" which is something only Sony seems to do.

That's what I said, not who was the fastest. 

And BTW, if anyone needs to be impressed by any manufacturer doing a Nougat update, how about Nvidia updating the original Nvidia Shield tablet to Nougat - the only device to go from Android 4,5,6 and now 7.  

Enthusiast
Message 476 of 2,331
Message 476 of 2,331

@uliwooly

http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/07/14/xperia-beta-program-to-close/

there are few other sites too. this one is just off the top of my head

Regular
Message 477 of 2,331
Message 477 of 2,331

Android 7 - when you update Sony Xperia E5?

I read on the internet that is not to be updated to Android 7 in Sony Xperia E5. I hope that this is just a rumor. As there will be updated to version 7, this is my last Sony phone.Anguished Face

Forum Legend
Message 478 of 2,331
Message 478 of 2,331

Re: Android 7 - when you update?

It wasn't Sony to be blame for why you won't receive the update. Google intentionally upped the hardware required for the nougat update

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
One time poster
Message 479 of 2,331
Message 479 of 2,331

Update problem

Please send me Android 7..download link...
One time poster
Message 480 of 2,331
Message 480 of 2,331

Sony Xperia z5 Dual has these 3 main & big issues which have been reported by many users.

After updating my phone suddenly these three things happened and entirely changed my view and opinion about the company Sony.....

1) Main primary rear camera stopped working and shows message - the camera is being used by some other app....

2) The speaker near the charging jack and near the home and back button suddenly started giving low sound than the upper speaker.

3) Proximity sensor stopped working while in a call and then leaves the users hopeless because the power button also can't help at that time.

These issues have been reported by many people on this forum and no proper support and guidance is given to them.

When tried to approach the authorised service centre, they are just badly greedy and hungry for money and speak so rudely, they just simply made issues on the warranty so that they can just prove it void.

My phone is still under 6 months more warranty and here I am left hopeless and overwhelmed by this experience.

I can just wish if Sony could fix these bugs and also I would like to ask that how to upgrade the phone to Android version 7.0 Nougat????

Someone please help and assist.......

Thanks alot