account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2131 of 2,333
Message 2131 of 2,333

Re: Can we get Upgradation from marshmallow to nouget for Xperia Z3???

@Naanu1 wrote:

Does Sony Xperia z3 handset have an up gradation of android Os from marshmallow to nouget 7.0 in future?

As i know - no, coz Z3 will not get Nougat now, in future to get this update posibility is low at all Slightly smiling Face

Apprentice
Message 2132 of 2,333
Message 2132 of 2,333

Cannot update my XZ software !!!

My XZ dual sim is running on android 6.0.1 and it's telling me this is the latest software update ! 

This happened when i did a factory reset to my device but before that it was running android N 7.1.1

Apprentice
Message 2133 of 2,333
Message 2133 of 2,333

Re: Xperia XA F3111 Android 7.0 update in Russia

@euphorics wrote:

@Newton19 wrote:

@euphorics wrote:

@Newton19 wrote:

@euphorics wrote:

@Newton19 wrote:

Is there any information about releasing android 7.0 in Russia? Other countries got it in July and now receiving another update. In Russia we still on Android 6.0. I know that update availability depends on country and operator, but 4 months is too long to release update.

Marshmalow update i waited almost all year, some users wrote here waiting update more than year, some of them waiting and two years. 4 month looks really less between these time which i wiated or waiting others Slightly smiling Face

Did you check in Xpericheck about release in Russian? Slightly smiling Face

Yes, I check it every couple days and Russian version is the only one customized version that not on Nougat yet. All other customized versions already on Nougat and now getting security update.

I advise you to talk with yours operator, coz for me helped, and to ask about possibility to get this update at all and just wait until will be available... 4 months it's really not so long, as i siad i waited almost year, some users about two or more years Slightly smiling Face

I already talked with russian support and they said that can't provide information about releasing update. After that I asked here.

I agree 4 month is not too long compared with year or two, but some years ago a lot of my friends told me that Sony very good phones with good support, but looks like it's in the past.

Read my post again: "I advise you to talk with yours operator, coz for me helped, and to ask about possibility to get this update at all and just wait until will be available..." - where is written to talk with Sony support in your location? Slightly smiling Face

I understand you, but i just can agree with yours friends, support which i got in past and getting at these days is great Slightly smiling Face

Let me explain why I asked Sony support. In Russia we don't have operator versions, only customized. So only way to ask about updates is Sony support.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2134 of 2,333
Message 2134 of 2,333

Re: Xperia XA F3111 Android 7.0 update in Russia

@Newton19 wrote:

@euphorics wrote:

@Newton19 wrote:

@euphorics wrote:

@Newton19 wrote:

@euphorics wrote:

@Newton19 wrote:

Is there any information about releasing android 7.0 in Russia? Other countries got it in July and now receiving another update. In Russia we still on Android 6.0. I know that update availability depends on country and operator, but 4 months is too long to release update.

Marshmalow update i waited almost all year, some users wrote here waiting update more than year, some of them waiting and two years. 4 month looks really less between these time which i wiated or waiting others Slightly smiling Face

Did you check in Xpericheck about release in Russian? Slightly smiling Face

Yes, I check it every couple days and Russian version is the only one customized version that not on Nougat yet. All other customized versions already on Nougat and now getting security update.

I advise you to talk with yours operator, coz for me helped, and to ask about possibility to get this update at all and just wait until will be available... 4 months it's really not so long, as i siad i waited almost year, some users about two or more years Slightly smiling Face

I already talked with russian support and they said that can't provide information about releasing update. After that I asked here.

I agree 4 month is not too long compared with year or two, but some years ago a lot of my friends told me that Sony very good phones with good support, but looks like it's in the past.

Read my post again: "I advise you to talk with yours operator, coz for me helped, and to ask about possibility to get this update at all and just wait until will be available..." - where is written to talk with Sony support in your location? Slightly smiling Face

I understand you, but i just can agree with yours friends, support which i got in past and getting at these days is great Slightly smiling Face

Let me explain why I asked Sony support. In Russia we don't have operator versions, only customized. So only way to ask about updates is Sony support.

Who's your GSM operator: MTS, Beeline, MegaFone, Tele2 (Rostelecom) and ect.? How you talking/messaging if you haven't operator? Write to your operator which giving you GSM service (internet and ect) and ask about posibility to get update. Sony Mobile support like Sony Mobile forum can't to know when personality will get update every costumers, coz this depends market, operator and ect., my costumized version too, i don't have cotract with my GSM operator, i'm not monthly subscriber, but when i asked they wrote to Sony Mobile and after that i got news that update will be in specific time. The same i can advise you. In any case you must wait untill update will be availabe for you, keep in mind when will be you will get notification, as i siad 4 months is not so long, be patience and wait after you will talk with yours GSM operator. How i understand this is yours? Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 2135 of 2,333
Message 2135 of 2,333

Actualizacion a android 7

Cuando se actualizará a Android 7.0 o 7.1 el Sony Xperia m4 Aqua dúos?

When will be updated to Android 7.0 or 7.1 the Sony Xperia m4 Aqua duos?

GT

Apprentice
Message 2136 of 2,333
Message 2136 of 2,333

Cannot update my XZ software !!!

My XZ dual sim is running on android 6.0.1 and it's telling me this is the latest software update ! 

This happened after changing the motherboard but before that it was running android N 7.1.1 

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2137 of 2,333
Message 2137 of 2,333

Re: Cannot update my XZ software !!!

@azayed wrote:

This happened after changing the motherboard but before that it was running android N 7.1.1 

As i know after motherboard changes, IMEI changing too, it's like new device. That's can be reason why you running Marshmallow, need to wait for new update now, until will be available Slightly smiling Face 

One time poster
Message 2138 of 2,333
Message 2138 of 2,333

Xperia X Ultra

Quero saber quando vai ser liberado atualização do Xperia X Ultra

I want to know when the Xperia X Ultra update will be released

GT

One time poster
Message 2139 of 2,333
Message 2139 of 2,333

Re: Xperia X Ultra

Cuando sale la actualización de Android 8.0 xperia xa ultra

When the update of Android 8.0 xperia xa ultra comes out

GT

Learner
Message 2140 of 2,333
Message 2140 of 2,333

Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra

Hi.

Need help. I received email from Sony that new software update have been released. But when i try to check my  software update it say 'Your Device Is Up To Date'. Try to update via PC Companion but it say 'Cannot Check Update'. FYI, my phone is Malaysia set and i already unlocked bootloader (my silly mistake).