account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Emperor
Message 1 of 2,331
Message 1 of 2,331

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Android 7.0 (Nougat) update for Xperia devices

Model Information about released software

Xperia™ XZTap or click for information
Xperia™ XZ Dual SIMTap or click for information
Xperia™ X Compact 
Xperia™ XA Ultra 
Xperia™ XA Ultra Dual SIM 
Xperia™ XA 
Xperia™ XA Dual SIM 
Xperia™ X PerformanceTap or click for information
Xperia™ X Performance Dual SIMTap or click for information
Xperia™ X 
Xperia™ X Dual SIM 
Xperia™ Z5 
Xperia™ Z5 Dual 
Xperia™ Z5 Compact 
Xperia™ Z5 Premium 
Xperia™ Z5 Premium Dual 
Xperia™ Z4 Tablet 
Xperia™ Z3+ 
Xperia™ Z3+ Dual 

We will bring the Android 7.0 (Nougat) update to as many devices as possible, as quickly as we can. You can expect new Sony features and functionality, as well as improvements to the user experience. For more details and the latest news, visit blogs.sonymobile.com and @SonyMobileNews.

Note! Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to avail of the updates for specific models.

Source

Update: 

http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/08/30/sony-is-not-to-blame-for-leaving-the-xperia-z3-off-the-android-...

Ola Olsson: “Even if we really wanted to give you N on the z3(c), we wouldn’t been able to do it. Not if we wanted to pass the Google CTS.

Zingo Andersen: “The reasons are both technical and legal. If you followed the N Developer Preview program you know that we didn’t release the final DP5. That program ran into some unforeseen limitations that could not be resolved. This is the reason that both concept and official won’t be upgraded to Android N.

Update: 

Android N official name: Nougat

CmNf5E2WYAATmg_.jpg

Android N was just announced, as of right now its on Beta and only nexus devices will work 

• Nexus 6, Nexus 9, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus Player
  • Pixel C
  • General Mobile 4G (Android One)

Android_N

Here is a great hands on article

http://www.engadget.com/2016/03/15/android-n-developer-preview-hands-on/

If you have a nexus device and you are willing to try it

https://www.google.com/android/beta?u=0

keep in mind that it shouldn't be used on a everyday device. 

There's no information on any other phone running Android N, keep in mind that Marshmallow was just released to the Xperia family. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

2,330 REPLIES 2,330
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 2,331
Message 2 of 2,331

Re: Android N When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

when android n comes out, one thing SONY should consider doing is updating mid range devices from 2015 to android n. but thats if SONY would even do.
Talent
Message 3 of 2,331
Message 3 of 2,331

Don't be silly like that's going to happen
Message 4 of 2,331
Message 4 of 2,331

I think there is a good chance that Sony has dumped the mobile phone business by the time Android N is available...

If the time is taking to deploy Marshmallow can be used as an indication, then the Sony Mobile development workforce has been decimated.

Commissioner
Message 5 of 2,331
Message 5 of 2,331

Android N Developer Preview on selected Xperia Z3 devices (D6603 and D6653). Click here for more info & how to flash.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 2,331
Message 6 of 2,331

Any news Sony? HTC and Samsung have confirmed android N for their models, what about you?

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Rookie
Message 7 of 2,331
Message 7 of 2,331

yeah i also want to know that

Message 8 of 2,331
Message 8 of 2,331

I think it is safe to say that for most Xperia phones Android N will stand for Android Never...

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 2,331
Message 9 of 2,331

I hope xperia m5 will get android N. It's been 8 months still not even marshmallow. Rip sony no wonder they can't sell phones anymore
Emperor
Message 10 of 2,331
Message 10 of 2,331

@Alvyibnferoz

I'm sorry you feel that way, but there has no info on Android N at the moment other than to preview 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)