account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Message 2231 of 2,331
Message 2231 of 2,331

Re: Xperia XA not updating to Nougat 7.0

@Mohamed45

Updates availability depends on a specific characteristic of your device called "customization version". You can check this version by dialing the code *#*#7378423#*#* the tap on "Software info", if you want me to check if this specific customization version has the update released or not I can help you with that.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Inhabitant
Message 2232 of 2,331
Message 2232 of 2,331

Surely i will post it after checking it.

also i have an query i dont have xperia keyboard on my xa..it was swift key.

i downloaded the xperia apk and installed on it...whether this keyboard is supported for xa?

since we did manually i am asking..

thank you for the help.

Message 2233 of 2,331
Message 2233 of 2,331

@Mohamed45

Give it a try, change your default input method to the Xperia Keyboard and check if it behaves well. I can also suggest that you give Google's keyboard app (Gboard) a try, you'll like it.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Inhabitant
Message 2234 of 2,331
Message 2234 of 2,331

sure.

thank you

Inhabitant
Message 2235 of 2,331
Message 2235 of 2,331

if there is no update released for my xperia xa.

whether i can install nougat by manually?

whether this will void the warranty?

Highlighted
Message 2236 of 2,331
Message 2236 of 2,331

@Mohamed45

Let's see your customization version first so I can tell you about your available options.

Visitor
Message 2237 of 2,331
Message 2237 of 2,331

Oreo update

I own 3 Sony phones (Z5 limited series Specter- Z2-C5 ULTRA) under 2 and 3 years old.

I thought that Sony have thought of these phone owners for the latest updates and this is not the case, we were happy with our smartphones and I will have changed my devices probably cheaper to purchase rather than power SONY that makes fun of us, a pity for SONY who seeks only has fueled its profit by forcing us to follow its evolution and paying very expensive, it is deciding I will changed and turn the factory FRENCH

Inhabitant
Message 2238 of 2,331
Message 2238 of 2,331

Customization number: 1302-4396 R4A

System version :33.2.B.4.70

@Questerwrote:

@Mohamed45

Let's see your customization version first so I can tell you about your available options.

Emperor
Message 2239 of 2,331
Message 2239 of 2,331

Re: Oreo update

@Automne54

You can read about the Z2 here

http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/08/30/sony-is-not-to-blame-for-leaving-the-xperia-z3-off-the-android-...

The last update for the Z5 was Nougat Android 7.1

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 2240 of 2,331
Message 2240 of 2,331

@uliwooly @Quester Please Respond...my 

Customization number: 1302-4396 R4A

System version :33.2.B.4.70

advise me to upgrdae to andorid 7.0 in my xperia xa