account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Pioneer
Message 2141 of 2,331
Message 2141 of 2,331

Re: Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra

Hi @superjoe,

I have a Malaysian Xperia XA1 Ultra, and I do not have an update/upgrade available for my smartphone yet... Sometimes it can take a bit of time after the e-mail has come out for the update to appear.

I do wonder if the unlocked bootloader will have any effect on update/upgrade notification though? You might need to wait for one of the other Community Team members to clarify that, as I haven't done that on my Android devices.

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Learner
Message 2142 of 2,331
Message 2142 of 2,331

Thanks mate for your reply. Unlocked bootloader is my silly mistake. Should not do that. I thought it same like pure android phone like Nexus.

Learner
Message 2143 of 2,331
Message 2143 of 2,331

new software updates

Is it possible for Xperia Z5 series to receive any more updates (even security patches) ? (xperia z5 owner with 7.1.1 nougat and september 2017 patch)

One time poster
Message 2144 of 2,331
Message 2144 of 2,331

Z3

when can i update  my z3 to android 0.7?

Pioneer
Message 2145 of 2,331
Message 2145 of 2,331

Re: Z3

Do you have an Xperia Z3 or an Xperia Z3+, @Nadi_abdeen?

According to this page, Sony are not planning on making Android 7.0 ("Nougart") available for the Xperia Z3.

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 2146 of 2,331
Message 2146 of 2,331

Re: new software updates

It is yes and no, because of Qualcomm

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Pioneer
Message 2147 of 2,331
Message 2147 of 2,331

Re: new software updates

Hi @harry95,

The most recent upgrade for the Xperia Z5 was Android 7.0 ("Nougart"), and Sony have since confirmed that the Xperia Z5 will not be getting upgraded to Android 8.0 ("Oreo")... As for security updates, that is something Sony decide on a case-by-case basis - because the Xperia Z5 is at the end of its lifecycle though (two years is pretty old in the world of smartphones), it's unlikely you will see any future updates either.

One time poster
Message 2148 of 2,331
Message 2148 of 2,331

Z5 compact android not updating to android 7.1

Hi 

I hale Android 5.1.1 installed 

Version 7.1 is available if I'm right but software update wybsite says I have arkady the latest Version 7.1

Can't update to 7.1

Any change to force that update?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2149 of 2,331
Message 2149 of 2,331

@superjoe wrote:

Hi.

Need help. I received email from Sony that new software update have been released. But when i try to check my  software update it say 'Your Device Is Up To Date'. Try to update via PC Companion but it say 'Cannot Check Update'. FYI, my phone is Malaysia set and i already unlocked bootloader (my silly mistake). 

As i know rooted smartphone (bootloader unlock definitely void warrnty as i know) have trouble with update (in some forum i read that need unroot if you want to update, but i'm not practic on this, so i'm not 100% trusted in this)... Altogether I don't think that from Sony will help you in this, coz you void warranty after root (unlocked bootloader). But this is just my opinion, i'm not from Sony and maybe as Gregoryopera siad you, maybe someone from Sony support team will explain you how to get update and ect. Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 2150 of 2,331
Message 2150 of 2,331

Unable to update to 7.0

Hola buenas noches quisiera saber cuando llegara la actualización 7.0 a mi Sony xperia xa ultra F3213 

Hello, good evening, I would like to know when the 7.0 update arrived to my Sony xperia xa ultra F3213

GT