account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

One time poster
Message 1961 of 2,333
Message 1961 of 2,333

How to upgrade android 7

How to upgrade android 7

Sony Xperia Support
Message 1962 of 2,333
Message 1962 of 2,333

Re: How to upgrade android 7

Hi @Ejmr, welcome to the community.

When an update is available for your phone you will receive a notification.

You can also check for updates by going to Settings > About Phone > Software Update, or by connecting your phone to Xperia Companion

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 1963 of 2,333
Message 1963 of 2,333

Re: Please update iberia rom to 45.0.A.7.137

Friday 15 september in Spain  45.0.A.7.90

One time poster
Message 1964 of 2,333
Message 1964 of 2,333

Actualizations for Xperia Z3

Siento comunicarles que la Compañía Movistar de Perú nuevamente deja de actualizar los teléfonos locales por motivos desconocidos.- Ya hacen años que la última actualización otorgada por SONY se puso en acción en todo el mundo mas nosotros seguimos totalmente atrasados.- Rogamos atiendan nuestra preocupación.

I am sorry to inform you that the Movistar Company of Peru again stops updating the local telephones for unknown reasons .- It has been years that the last update granted by SONY was put into action around the world but we remain totally behind.- Please address our concern.

GT

One time poster
Message 1965 of 2,333
Message 1965 of 2,333

Noguat 7

Xperia z3 compact noguat 7 uptade?  😡

Message 1966 of 2,333
Message 1966 of 2,333

Re: Why I have not got hot latest android os

Before answer need know something

Name of you country? (remember the update many times is managed for your provider)

Which android version you have?

Regular
Message 1967 of 2,333
Message 1967 of 2,333

Xperia XZ Updates Central Europe

Hi,

is there something wrong on SONY side, or why do we (Central Europe) didn't get Updates since June! Last Update was 41.2.A.7.8.

So please can you check why we are not getting updates? I bought a non branded phone to get updates earlier than with branding, but currently i didn't get anything.

Thanks in advance,

regards

Herbert

Message 1968 of 2,333
Message 1968 of 2,333

Re: Xperia XZ Updates Central Europe

@Kloana1080

Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

More reads here:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/The-software-update-collection-topic/m-p/348066#M9

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1969 of 2,333
Message 1969 of 2,333

No Android 7 update for one of my Z5 phones

I have three Xperia Z5 phones. One of them did not get the Andoid 7 update and in 'support' info & 'About Phone' info, it says the device is up to date and that there are no other updates planned yet. Why is that?

My other two phones are running on Andoid 7.

* The one without the update shares the same gmail account as one of the other phones which are updated. could that be the case?

Please help.

Cheers!

Message 1970 of 2,333
Message 1970 of 2,333

Re: No Android 7 update for one of my Z5 phones

@LankanIdiot

Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

To make it more clear for you: it's not about purchase or origin country, it's about a specific character of your mobile/tablet called "customization version". You can check this version by dialing the code *#*#7378423#*#* the tap on "Software info", if you want me to check if this specific customization version has the update released or not I can help you with that.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.