account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Emperor
Message 1871 of 2,330
Message 1871 of 2,330

Re: Update to 41.2.A.0.235

@Unregistered user

so Xperia C5 from lithuania and you currently have which android version and build number?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1872 of 2,330
Message 1872 of 2,330

Re: Update to 41.2.A.0.235

@uliwooly wrote:

@Unregistered user

so Xperia C5 from lithuania and you currently have which android version and build number?

Yes smartphone bought in Lithuania, i have Lolipop 5.1, firmware 29.1.B.0.101 Noba  1299-9100 :-) 

Message 1873 of 2,330
Message 1873 of 2,330

Nougat 7.0

I can't update my phone to Android 7

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1874 of 2,330
Message 1874 of 2,330

Z3+ volte

Dont go for sony worst service all other China phones MI,lenevo,lava provided volte update for reliance jio. Mi have same chispet snapdragon 810 which supports volte so there is no hardware issues. But Sony staff said its a hardware feature not software then how did MI lenevo provided volte update??? Z3+ international variant supports volte but indian version doesn't. Instead of spending 25k and above in Sony go for cheap phones atleast they offer volte update for using jio sim which is famous in India. By by sony

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1875 of 2,330
Message 1875 of 2,330

Re: Z3+ volte

uliwooly, i don't understand why you asked these information about me if you don't have any solution and advise Slightly smiling Face? I wrote to my operator, but i'm sure they will say me the same as siad before - it's not my operator problem, that Sony did not released in my region Marshmallow update and everything that you wrote i know... So as i siad before question from user was good, but as before Sony did not gave us answer - one year i waiting for Marshmallow update and i'm sure it's not over, i think it will be much more... Why so everything hard with Dual versions of Sony models i don't have answer untill now Slightly smiling Face

With others models (single version) i did not had any problem... And how i can see i'm not only... Always problem is with Dual versions in Sony update process Slightly smiling Face

I like Sony's product, even TVs and smartphones, but i don't like Sony's update process even if smartphone is in the list of devices which must get update, but still did not got... I was patience about 1 year - untill as you wrote my smartphone became old model, patch which will be in Marshmallow update is very old, it's security? I don't think so... This is not good... I one eyes looking into Samsung models now, which becoming much more pretty, stylish and elegant, also much more flexible for users and updating much more devices and not only flagships as Sony doing (one or two just midrage is too less)... It's not good, Sony will lose all others costumers in this way which they going now Slightly smiling Face Chinese product in world is much more attractive as Sony, it's total nonsense, coz we all know Sony's products quality and Chinese, but somehow they manages to sell smartphone much more as Sony. I think detail as update process (one of reason) doing Sony less attractive for costumers in all world Slightly smiling Face

I'm tired to wait untill will be available Marshmallow update for me and my smartphone will not do inconvenience as i have after update to Lollipop 5.1 Slightly smiling Face I can't flash it with flashtool, i have warranty, also flashing with flashtool can brick my smartphone, Sony must give me update which they planned to release and don't give third party as advise to update my smartphone, which official they planned to update Slightly smiling Face

And for the end, how i can see you don't know what to say now, coz i think you know that i'm right and as you can see for short time i got some support kudos from users which, i think, think the same like me, so time to change viewpoints to costumers from Sony Slightly smiling Face

Inhabitant
Message 1876 of 2,330
Message 1876 of 2,330

Re: Nougat 7.0

What phone do you have?

Message 1877 of 2,330
Message 1877 of 2,330

Sony Xperia z2

One time poster
Message 1878 of 2,330
Message 1878 of 2,330

It's not possible to officially run Nougat on such a chipset.

I used a OnePlus One, comparable to a Z3, and that isn't officially compatible with Nougat either. If you wish to run Nougat on your phone, you'll have to resort to custom ROMs, as I have on my previous phone.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1879 of 2,330
Message 1879 of 2,330

@355609068283075 wrote:

Sony Xperia z2

Z2 will not get Nougat Slightly smiling Face Read list which you can find in Sony Mobile blog or in this thread first page Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 1880 of 2,330
Message 1880 of 2,330

Is there an update for the phone sony z3 to Android 7.0

Планируется ли обновление для телефона sony z3 до Андроид 7.0

Is there an update for the phone sony z3 to Android 7.0