account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Visitor
Message 1851 of 2,331
Message 1851 of 2,331

Nougat 7

I want upgrade my Xperia Z2 D6503 to Nougat 7 it is possible..?

Message 1852 of 2,331
Message 1852 of 2,331

Re: Nougat 7

@Qamar7262 wrote:

Not officially, no

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 1853 of 2,331
Message 1853 of 2,331

Re: Update to 41.2.A.0.235

Maybe Android 8 is the next update without any before...

Learner
Message 1854 of 2,331
Message 1854 of 2,331

Why 7.1.1 update for E6603 isn't available for some regions yet?

Okay, I get it, software updates are released at different times depending on operator and/or country. Therefore, you cannot give us an exact date for when a specific update will be available for our device but it has been more than 2 months and still Sony is not releasing updates for the few remaining regions like Turkey. It seems like updates have stopped for some reason but Sony is not giving us an answer. Did you abandon us or did you forget us? Even the dual sim model E6633 has gotten 7.1.1 update in Turkey. Aren't they like almost identical phones? I'm really having a hard time understanding that. Just tell us something different than "it depends on region". 

Visitor
Message 1855 of 2,331
Message 1855 of 2,331

z3 verizon update

Hallo. spricht in diesem Chat überhaupt jemand deutsch?? Habe mir über ebay das verizon Phone gekauft und würde es gerne auf eine neuere Android Version abdaten aber das scheint nicht so einfach ohne eine Verizon sim Karte zu sein.kann mir jemand helfen??? Ganz liebe Grüße und schönen Dank schon mal. 

Hello. Does anyone speak German in this chat? I bought the verizon phone over ebay and would like to have a newer Android version but this does not seem so simple without a Verizon sim card to be. Can someone help me? Greetings and thanks already.

Emperor
Message 1856 of 2,331
Message 1856 of 2,331

@Blotz @Andrej123 @Foobar73

Just like any other update, no one can answer that question. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 1857 of 2,331
Message 1857 of 2,331

Re: z3 verizon update

@André2

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post. 

This will be up to Verizon to release the update, not Sony. Keep in mind that this is a global user based forum, which means that this is an English only forum. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 1858 of 2,331
Message 1858 of 2,331

Re: z3 verizon update

Hello. speaks in this chat anybody German? Have bought me over ebay the verizon phone and buy it gladly on a newer Android version but this does not seem so easy without a Verizon sim card to be. Can someone help me? Very dear greetings and nice thanks ever

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1859 of 2,331
Message 1859 of 2,331

Re: Nougat 7

@Qamar7262 wrote:

As mentioned you before, unofficial (it's not Sony software) possible to update, but you must got in Xda Developers for details Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1860 of 2,331
Message 1860 of 2,331

@uliwooly wrote:

@Blotz @Andrej123 @Foobar73

Just like any other update, no one can answer that question. 

If Sony can't answer when in specific country will release update, so who's can? Boxchevy asked good question, i did not got Marshmallow update almost year, in almost all others regions Marshmallow update released, but not in mine. Sony releasing these updates, without Sony nobody can't do that. And if Sony can't say when they will release in specific country update then everything is mystic and strange Slightly smiling Face

I agree that Sony can't say when exactly costumer will get update, coz i agree it's depend operator and/or market, but when will be update available in specific country Sony know, coz they decides when they will release in one or other market update and for this information costumer asking Slightly smiling Face 

My operator laughed from this answer Slightly smiling Face