account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Adviser
Message 1801 of 2,331
Message 1801 of 2,331

Re: Android update

Updates are still depending on region or market you are in and the mobile carrier you have.  But you can check from time to time for the updates. Sony will be announcing any updates soon. Let's just be patient it'll come. 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 1802 of 2,331
Message 1802 of 2,331

Re: Update to 41.2.A.0.235

My XZs has the security patch of April. This is insane because every other (older) Xperia in the house has a never version. Especially because there are a lot of small bugs to fix it would be nice to finally get an update...

Adviser
Message 1803 of 2,331
Message 1803 of 2,331

Re: Update to 41.2.A.0.235

Same here in Germany. No security update since 1st of April. Annoying. 

Message 1804 of 2,331
Message 1804 of 2,331

Re: Android 7.12 update

@Rockys wrote:

Hi 

Can we get android. 7.12 update to xperia xa1. 

Which 7.1.2 feature do you need?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 1805 of 2,331
Message 1805 of 2,331

Z5, 7.1.1 update Netherlands

Hello all,

Any idea when the 7.1.1 update get pushed to the Z5 (E6653) in the Netherlands?

Thnx.

Emperor
Message 1806 of 2,331
Message 1806 of 2,331

Re: Z5, 7.1.1 update Netherlands

@mg1997

no one can answer that question

@mg1997 wrote:

Hello all,

Any idea when the 7.1.1 update get pushed to the Z5 (E6653) in the Netherlands?

Thnx.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 1807 of 2,331
Message 1807 of 2,331

This will be my very last Xperia Device

NO MORE SONY... NO MORE

I have owned every single sony Z or Z Premium Device since the Sony Xperia Z to the Sony Xpeira XZ now and I am sick and tired of being the last to recieve and update and even more sick that there is no other response out of Sony Customer Service besides... It all depends on your carrier when the reality is, I BUY ALL MY PHONES FACTORY UNLOCKED or OEM.

Its been almost a solid year since NOUGAT was announced and still... NO NOUGAT FOR SONY XPERIA XZ in MEXICO. Even the agents at the Sony store is confused about the whole situtation.

Just ordered my Essential Phone as well as patiently awaiting the Pixel 2. I'm buying both because whatever phone does not suit my wants and needs out of a premium priced flagship will go to my wife. Also anticipating the Nokia 8 but it seams that one went off the deep end but still awaiting to see what the camera quality is, oh and the 23mp crap with every Xperia 

Message 1808 of 2,331
Message 1808 of 2,331

Re: This will be my very last Xperia Device

@XperiaCrap

Something is not right here, Go to Settings -> About phone -> Diagnostics -> Facts -> find the field name "Customization" and reply the version to me, please.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 1809 of 2,331
Message 1809 of 2,331

WhatsApp Image 2017-08-23 at 12.06.00 AM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-08-23 at 12.06.08 AM.jpeg

Message 1810 of 2,331
Message 1810 of 2,331

@XperiaCrap

I was sure there's something wrong! The software on your phone is customized for "Commercial and Journalists", something like a demo version that never receives updates. So whoever you bought this phone from, get back to him and tell him about it because the hardware itself can be a demo version too. Also, check the box or the phone itself if it has "NOT FOR SALE" sight imprinted on them.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.