account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Pioneer
Message 1681 of 2,331
Message 1681 of 2,331

Re: Updating the os

As long as there will be an update for your model, you will receive it. Everything should work as expected. 

One time poster
Message 1682 of 2,331
Message 1682 of 2,331

Becareful with the last update android nougat. After install you need to format your SD memory card.

Becareful with the last update android nougat. After install you need to format your SD memory card. You will loose ALL DATA! if you have app in SD card, they don't run! No good

One time poster
Message 1683 of 2,331
Message 1683 of 2,331

Re: Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Hello, i know Z2 is "Very old" device but i mean that it can run new android too without problems so it is possible to update to newest android?? Last version is 6.0.1... 

yce
Commissioner
Message 1684 of 2,331
Message 1684 of 2,331

Re: Sony, please take care of XA device!

Dearest SONY, thank you for the Nougat (7 - .131) update, it works very well. Slightly smiling Face

Still I have some few more things to add. So:

1) Sound in call (for XA) - even if I am in a quiet room, the volume gets up and down instantly without any cause or any action from me. 

2.a) XA camera has two very interesting modes: Soft Skin and Soft Snap. Both are very promising but the result are the same as other modes. I really enjoy having soft pictures (noiseless) day and night and those two should do the job, but it's not like it should be... Please add softness to the entire picture by at least one of these two shooting modes!
b) Saving camera module keep having problems. The exif data of older photos is added to the latest photo, having the same recording number. For example: 1 picture took as dsc0001 will have the same thumbnail and exif (iso) data, same as previous as dsc0001 even that are took in very different light conditions (usually I detele them after shootings - that is why I found this issue). More than that, the numbering resets itself after deleting all the pictures from the storage folder (and the limit is only at dsc9999). That is not ok SONY for a dedicated Sony camera user!
c) XA seems to have 2 kind of processing: one without zoom, and one starting at 1.1x zoom. The one without zoom has more noise that the one with zoom, at least on landscape - and that is awesome! But using macro and zoom the DOF becomes distorted by some weird spots of colour mixture getting the entire epicture - being useless to use. It's like dropping a hot coffee pot on your clothes. Shots look bad. Please SONY check why is that and fix it!

3) XA has a plastic protection (like Z5 models had - in my opinion being the biggest mistake ever) and because of the sunlight warming it exfoliates in some very weird way, also scratches are very easy to make. This model has a very nice camera and it's such a pitty to have this issue too! Form now on SONY, please put a glass camera protector on every device!

Having these honest and tested facts said, please take note to improve software and also the

materials for the future devices.
All the best SONY!
Thank you! Rainbow
Alex 

Adviser
Message 1685 of 2,331
Message 1685 of 2,331

Are we getting 7.1 update?

The title 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1686 of 2,331
Message 1686 of 2,331

CustomizedDE Xperia XZ waiting for July Update

CustomizedDE firmware for Germany is again very late.  Waiting for the Xperia XZ July Security update. 

One time poster
Message 1687 of 2,331
Message 1687 of 2,331

Actualización Del Software

Hello! I would like to know if there will be update for XA ULTRA (F3213)

One time poster
Message 1688 of 2,331
Message 1688 of 2,331

M5 well received nought 7.0 or iam gonna brought sony again?

Bad fone

Learner
Message 1689 of 2,331
Message 1689 of 2,331

Xperia XA nogaut

My phone is blocked on marshmallow when arrive android 7?

Pioneer
Message 1690 of 2,331
Message 1690 of 2,331

Re: Xperia XA nogaut

Mine too, but seeing all the issues around, I am very happy with M. You will get N, you just have to be patient.