account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1491 of 2,330
Message 1491 of 2,330

Re: f3216 sony xa ultra

I've too F3216, Indian market. Nougat is not still available for us. It will be soon someday. I hope so. 

Learner
Message 1492 of 2,330
Message 1492 of 2,330

same as mine her in the phiippines Slightly frowning Face  thnx for the info 

Adviser
Message 1493 of 2,330
Message 1493 of 2,330

Android Nougat has been released in the Philippines already for xa and xa ultra. It might be on your network provider since updates as well are controlled by the networks. 

Inhabitant
Message 1494 of 2,330
Message 1494 of 2,330

If network is the problem on phone, then try it on phone over wifi. Or you can try it on your pc on Xperia Companion, on any type of network either on ethernet connection or a wifi network, except your own phone's network. 

One time poster
Message 1495 of 2,330
Message 1495 of 2,330

I still have android 6.0.1 on my XZ, How can I update my phone?

I still have android 6.0.1 on my XZ, How can I update my phone?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 1496 of 2,330
Message 1496 of 2,330

Re: I still have android 6.0.1 on my XZ, How can I update my phone?

Hi @V0Y4G3R, welcome to the community.

Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to avail of the updates for specific models.

Once the update is customised by Sony it would then be passed on to your service provider to make any required adjustments for their network.

Please be aware that if your handset has originated outside your region this can also cause a delay in the release.

Once the software is ready to be downloaded on your unit, you will receive a notification on your phone advising of the option to update.

For further information regarding the approval process please see here.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/The-software-update-collection-topic/m-p/348066#U348066

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 1497 of 2,330
Message 1497 of 2,330

how to update c3 to nougat

how to update c3 to nougat

Message 1498 of 2,330
Message 1498 of 2,330

Re: how to update c3 to nougat

@payeng

Xperia C3 is not on Sony's official list of devices that will receive Android 7 update. This is due to the hardware limitations set by Google.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adviser
Message 1499 of 2,330
Message 1499 of 2,330

Re: I still have android 6.0.1 on my XZ, How can I update my phone?

I don't think you wanna do that. Android 7.0/7.1.1 is very buggy on the XZ and u'll have problems with crashing/freezing/restarting on it's own/having to restart daily before anything works. 

Just stick with the 6.0.1 and check out what bugs have been fixed by Sony bfor u upgrade. So much regret upgrading right now. I've had to factory reset, repair software and uninstall a whole bunch of apps and it's still having problems. 

Enthusiast
Message 1500 of 2,330
Message 1500 of 2,330

Re: Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

I'm just curious but how much space do I need to make sure I have for when I get the notification that the Nougat update is available for me please?

Atm I am at 11.23 GB used of 16.00 GB