account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Emperor
Message 1471 of 2,331
Message 1471 of 2,331

Re: New update

@Alexpeez252

Use XC >>> Xperia Companion 

@Alexpeez252 wrote:

Some one know how I can update my cellphone . Xperia xa whit a marshmallow 6.0  version to nougat 7.0 . Please I live in Queens New York

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 1472 of 2,331
Message 1472 of 2,331

Re: Why can't I update Xperia XA ultra to Android 7.0?

Note also the update requires battery level at least 50% for you to proceed. 

Learner
Message 1473 of 2,331
Message 1473 of 2,331

Software updated failed

Why my phone cannot update the latest software update on nougat? 

Message 1474 of 2,331
Message 1474 of 2,331

Re: Software updated failed

@Shawee

Can you give us more details, like your phone model?

In general: Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 1475 of 2,331
Message 1475 of 2,331

Android 8.0

Does z5 series update to Android 8.0????

Plz anSwer I need to know 

And how can I adjust shutter speed in z5???

Message 1476 of 2,331
Message 1476 of 2,331

Re: Android 8.0

@Aliunique

No one knows, because there are no official statements about Android 8 update yet.

For the camera, you need to be in the Manual mode to adjust such parameters.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1477 of 2,331
Message 1477 of 2,331

My z5 doesn't have any option for shutter speed in manual mode

Apprentice
Message 1478 of 2,331
Message 1478 of 2,331

If your z5 has this option plz take a screen shot

Learner
Message 1479 of 2,331
Message 1479 of 2,331

Nougat Version 4G

Sony Xperia XA Ultra dual sim. Marshmallow Version LTE. now i Upgrade to Nougat Version 4G signal my sim. i use LTE SIM

Message 1480 of 2,331
Message 1480 of 2,331

Re: Nougat Version 4G

@ginette

LTE is another name to 4G, so it's the same.

Spoiler
LTE
noun
noun: LTE
  1. a 4G mobile communications standard.
    "users of the LTE network should see data speeds that are up to 10 times faster than the current 3G network