account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Learner
Message 1381 of 2,330
Message 1381 of 2,330

Re: Android N When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Sonys Software developers team ...... When 68% of other phones are on nougat we are still in marshmello... Will get nougat when others are on Android O.... What sense does it make to purchase a Sony device just showing the world that it's a premium brand and devices filled with bloatware..... We are not purchasing your device for bloatware.. We want Sony with stock Android and zero bloatware or options to uninstall. 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1382 of 2,330
Message 1382 of 2,330

Well, I think that they are never going to give us, the XA and XA ULTRA users, the Nougat update. I'm tired of waiting for update and they are keep disappointing us. If you guys are going to cancel the update, inform us at least so we don't waste our time checking so often for the update. Face with rolling Eyes

One time poster
Message 1383 of 2,330
Message 1383 of 2,330

Upgrade sw

Hi guys im new on this communityi ha e a problem when can upgrade my xperia xa to nougat 7.0? Im not have any notification for upgrade. Please help me!!! Ps my region is italy xperia xa no brand level secutity pach january 5th 2017, tnk you guys 💪💪

Apprentice
Message 1384 of 2,330
Message 1384 of 2,330

Sony lied us, last year they promised their updates will be fast than other companies also they told xperia x family will get nougat in early 2017 so ? 6 months passed its early? almost half year still there is no nougat, every phone got it but x series no 

One time poster
Message 1385 of 2,330
Message 1385 of 2,330

Latest Android version for Xperia Z2

Next android version nougat xperia Z2 when?:smileysmileywink:

Message 1386 of 2,330
Message 1386 of 2,330

Re: Latest Android version for Xperia Z2

Hi  

Xperia Z2 won´t get Android Nougat.                                        

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
One time poster
Message 1387 of 2,330
Message 1387 of 2,330

How Xperia Z5 compact update to Android 7

HI, my Z5 compact have Android 6.0 and it doesn't want to upgrade.

In Xperia Companion writen that's phone have lasted version of software.

Regular
Message 1388 of 2,330
Message 1388 of 2,330

Re: Upgrade sw

As far as I know nougat is still not available for Xperia XA & XA Ultra 🙁. You'll get a notification when it'll be available in your country. If you've subscribed to the update newsletter, you'll also get an intimation via email. Further, I'd like to inform you that the latest available security patch level for XA is of Jan, 2017.

One time poster
Message 1389 of 2,330
Message 1389 of 2,330

Software patch update

I have done the software June 5th. Due to personal reasons reset my phone. But now in software updates last updated is June 5th but I don't have the latest patch. How to fix this issue 

Message 1390 of 2,330
Message 1390 of 2,330

Re: Software patch update

Hello @Praveen2 and welcome to the community!

Connect your phone to a PC/Mac with Xperia Companion installed on it, then let the software check for updates. If it says "Your device is up to date" then your phone is already on the latest software available.

Bear in mind that updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.