account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

One time poster
Message 1291 of 2,330
Message 1291 of 2,330

I can't update my phone to Android 7

Can't update my xperia X phone to Android 7 in saudi arabia.. WHY? 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1292 of 2,330
Message 1292 of 2,330

Re: After months of waiting I finally received nougat version...

It's Z5.  Now running on 32.3.A.0.376. XA and XA ULTRA users are still waiting. Worried Face

Message 1293 of 2,330
Message 1293 of 2,330

Re: When xa ultra getting nougat.

Hey,

I'm afraid only Sony knows that :/ 
Since there were some delays with Z5 serie and Z3+, they are now working on XA line

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Message 1294 of 2,330
Message 1294 of 2,330

Re: Android 7.1.1

Hi!

Probably after XA line gets Android N! They´are still waiting.
Fingers crossed

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Enthusiast
Message 1295 of 2,330
Message 1295 of 2,330

Re: After months of waiting I finally received nougat version...

It's for Sony z5 premium,  which I forgot too mention,haven't updated yet but I will,  is there big problems with 376 concerning this update?  

Any news on what Sony phones will get android o? 🤔 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 1296 of 2,330
Message 1296 of 2,330

Re: I can't update my phone to Android 7

Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to avail of the updates for specific models.

Once the update is customised by Sony it would then be passed on to your service provider to make any required adjustments for their network.

Please be aware that if your handset has originated outside your region this can also cause a delay in the release.

Once the software is ready to be downloaded on your unit, you will receive a notification on your phone advising of the option to update.

For further information regarding the approval process please see here.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/The-software-update-collection-topic/m-p/348066#U348066

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 1297 of 2,330
Message 1297 of 2,330

Re: I can't update my phone to Android 7

Due to the operator, my Z3 took half a year to update to 6.0 after Sony released it. My friend's M4 is still in 5.0 also because of the operator.

Learner
Message 1298 of 2,330
Message 1298 of 2,330

Android 7.0 Nougat update for Xperia XA

Bought the Sony Xperia XA yesterday, and I noticed it came preinstalled with Android 6.0 Marshmallow, not Nougat. Any ideas as to when Nougat will be released for my phone? I saw on the Sony Mobile website that a release was planned however I haven't heard anything further as of yet. A response would be appreciated. Slightly smiling Face 

Message 1299 of 2,330
Message 1299 of 2,330

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat update for Xperia XA

Hi                                         

Only the XA1 comes with Android N.

Regarding the update for XA line, only Sony knows :/

Let´s wait to see if you guys get the 7.1.1

Inhabitant
Message 1300 of 2,330
Message 1300 of 2,330

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat update for Xperia XA

All the answers are about getting nougat for XA users are to wait. Boring.