account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Adviser
Message 1231 of 2,331
Message 1231 of 2,331

Re: Need Android update to 7.0 for M2 series

If you're wondering why android N wouldn't be available for m2 here's a bit of explanation why. Hope this would help you 😊

https://www.androidpit.com/why-you-dont-have-the-latest-android-update-yet

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1232 of 2,331
Message 1232 of 2,331

MissMoonshine, M2 model is too old for Nougat. Also M2 have Qualcomm MSM8926 Snapdragon 400 which is not supported with Nougat Slightly smiling Face

FOR ALL OTHERS TOO: ANY REQUESTS WILL NOT HELPS TO GET NOUGAT IF YOUR DEVICE IS NOT SUPPORTED AND LISTED IN SONY MOBILE LIST OF DEVICES WHICH WILL GET NOUGAT OR ANY OTHER ANDROID VERSION Slightly smiling Face

If you have any problem with your smartphone try to fix it before you trying to irritateall with yours requests. To fix problem there are a lot of ways: Sony Mobile local support service, local authorized service, this forum (for real problems, but not for like these requests) and ect. Slightly smiling Face

TRY TO UNDERSTAND, IF SONY MOBILE DID NOT LISTED YOURS MODEL IN THE LIST OF DEVICES WHICH WILL GET ANY NEW UPDATE, THAT'S MEAN THAT FOR SOME REASON THESE UPDATES CAN WORK BAD IN YOUR MODELS, SO BE RESPECTFUL AND IF YOU SEEKING ONLY FOR NEW FEATURES AND UPDATES BUY NEW SONY MOBILE MODELS WHICH WILL HAVE ALL LATEST UPDATES AND FEATURES, I'M AFRAID IT'S ONLY WAY TO GET OFFICIAL ALL THESE STUFF Slightly smiling Face

P.S. You can always check for developers unofficial software updates, if you still want to get update, but can't buy new smartphone, but remember, Sony will not give you support, coz developer's software is not official Sony update and Sony don't responsible for quality of it Slightly smiling Face

Message 1233 of 2,331
Message 1233 of 2,331

@Unregistered user

No one here is irritated by other users' questions dude, they came here to ask and we are here to try and answer.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1234 of 2,331
Message 1234 of 2,331

@Quester wrote:

@Unregistered user

No one here is irritated by other users' questions dude, they came here to ask and we are here to try and answer.

It's not true that all users here like these requests. I saw some users here which don't like the same questions about updates (when, why and ect), i saw some users don't like and these requests. I understand that they want, but a lot of times was explained reasons why they will not get these updates, why need to pollute forum and "irritate" the users like me or others... ? Slightly smiling Face My opinion it's not smart too ask the same questions and will get the same answers if you can read it in others users posts, to requests with idea to get the same negative answer and ect. Slightly smiling Face I'm not here to fight with others, but my opinion some users must understand and word - NO Slightly smiling Face Which they my opinion don't understand right now Slightly smiling Face Let's keep forum neat. Slightly smiling Face

I will not get Nougat too, i didn't got Marshmallow yet and what? The life is not end... Slightly smiling Face

I wrote all ways to get new features and if they have problems to fix it... How much time need to talk about old models, unsupported devices with new updates and ect., again? Slightly smiling Face

Also USERS must understand that if they bought ONE NEW model, this model will not get ALL FUTURES updates Slightly smiling Face

I'm not angry that people asking, i think they getting too less information about that Slightly smiling Face So i'm trying sometime to explain that what i know Slightly smiling Face

P.S. To request any things from manufactor is good idea, but you must request smart and don't ask the same - it's not smart, but this is JUST my opinion, it's good that someone think different, coz we different and i'm always opened for discuss, friendly discuss about that Winking Face

By the way i can skip these posts, but my opinion it's too much similar posts here, so... maybe need explain again, coz look like users getting too less information about that? In past i was one of these users, but after some months here and some explains i understand where can be reason that my model will not get update Slightly smiling Face

Apprentice
Message 1235 of 2,331
Message 1235 of 2,331

Nougat update for xa ultra

I would like to ask that when will xperia xa ultra get nougat update. I'm tired of waiting 

Adviser
Message 1236 of 2,331
Message 1236 of 2,331

I'm happy to be part of this awesome forum! Thanks for all the help guys! I hope everyone especially the new ones will feel the same way I did. I just love you all 😊😊😊

Genius
Message 1237 of 2,331
Message 1237 of 2,331

Re: Nougat update for xa ultra

@prashanthbagal the XA Ultra is slated to get the update anytime soon but there are no official information yet on when.

You can always read the most up to date information about your phone here: http://support.sonymobile.com/us/xperiaxa/kb/8019307401646073d015693290721003ab2/ (Official)

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1238 of 2,331
Message 1238 of 2,331

Android nougat Sony xperia X

Hello good morning I have a Sony Xperia X I would like to know when it arrives android nougat why I got an update but it was Android 6.0.1 and they say they should have arrived nougat.

Emperor
Message 1239 of 2,331
Message 1239 of 2,331

Re: Android nougat Sony xperia X

@GustavoOlg

Most likely because it hasn't been approved by your carrier network 

@GustavoOlg wrote:

Hello good morning I have a Sony Xperia X I would like to know when it arrives android nougat why I got an update but it was Android 6.0.1 and they say they should have arrived nougat.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 1240 of 2,331
Message 1240 of 2,331

Xperia XZ Android 7.1.1

When am I going to get Android 7.1.1 for my XZ in Singapore? I am still stuck on Android 7.0 with February Security Update. Tried Xperia Companion but it says my phone is updated to latest version