account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1211 of 2,333
Message 1211 of 2,333

Re: My Xperia XZ hasn't received the Nougat 7.0 yet

@Quester

I tried that, but for some reason, the repair update failed, and now my phone won't work at all!! Is there anything I can do?

Message 1212 of 2,333
Message 1212 of 2,333

@anas_daye

Did you get any error messages?

Did you follow the guide linked in the previous post ( software repair using Xperia Companion )?

You need your phone charged and turned off before you start this procedure.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 1213 of 2,333
Message 1213 of 2,333

Why no Nougat upgrade for Z3.

I bought a Z3 from Vodafone Nov 2014. It was one of their top of the range phones at the time. Why, two years later is Sony not providing an upgrade to Nougat for this phone.

Message 1214 of 2,333
Message 1214 of 2,333

Re: Why no Nougat upgrade for Z3.

Hey TerryW,

"the absence of the Xperia Z3 on that Nougat list is not Sony’s fault. Devices that get upgraded to new Android versions need to pass Google’s Compatibility Test Suite (CTS). The CTS was updated during the Android N Developer Preview programme which meant that to comply with the certification requirements, Sony never released the final preview (DP5) firmware on the Xperia Z3. The last update was the ‘DP4’ firmware. 

So what exactly changed in the CTS? Well, it seems that Google now requires devices to have graphics that support either Vulkan or OpenGL ES 3.1. This means that any device that is now running Adreno 3XX graphics, such as the Xperia Z3’s Adreno 330 GPU as seen on all Snapdragon 800 and 801 chipsets, cannot be updated to Android 7.0. This is because the Snapdragon 800/801 only supports OpenGL ES 3.0. "

Read more at XperiaBlog.

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Message 1215 of 2,333
Message 1215 of 2,333

Sony xa ultra android 7.0

Can sony xperia xa ultra install andriod 7.0?

Learner
Message 1216 of 2,333
Message 1216 of 2,333

@Quester

Well, yeah, I followed the instructions exactly... and everything was going smoothly until the install was mid-way, when it said that the repair update has failed, try again later. And the same error message appeared when I tried to start up the phone.

Edit: After freaking out, and trying the whole process several times, it was successful! The weird thing is that while the phone was 93% charged before the repair, it went down to only 20% after it was finished, though it lasted for only 5 minutes.

Adviser
Message 1217 of 2,333
Message 1217 of 2,333

Re: Sony xa ultra android 7.0

Definitely yes let's just wait for the announcement of it. Here's the link if you'd like to know what other phones will get the updates 

Hope this helps 

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxa/kb/8019307401646073d015693290721003ab2/

Inhabitant
Message 1218 of 2,333
Message 1218 of 2,333

But when? It's already have been too late. Slightly frowning Face

Message 1219 of 2,333
Message 1219 of 2,333

@wesalbert920403

Yes, but no one knows when.

@John6294

in my opinion, since there was delays with the Z5 serie and Z4/Z3+, they are probably working now on the update for XA line. Probably on the 7.1.1, maybe.

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Inhabitant
Message 1220 of 2,333
Message 1220 of 2,333

All updates are going to L1, L1 DUAL, XA1, XA1 DUAL, XZ and to other new devices. It's like they have forgotten us XA and XA ULTRA users. Neutral Face