account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

One time poster
Message 1201 of 2,331
Message 1201 of 2,331

Malfunction of Xperia XA Ultra after updating to Nougat 7.0 from Marshmallow

I updated my Xperia XA Ultra to Nougat 7.0 from Marshmallow It took about 675mb but it sill shows Marshmallow 6.0 as the Android version in about phone and I cant feel any changes so please help me regarding thisScreenshot_20170506-204341.png

Message 1202 of 2,331
Message 1202 of 2,331

Re: Malfunction of Xperia XA Ultra after updating to Nougat 7.0 from Marshmallow

Android Nougat hasn't been released for the XA/Ultra yet, what you got must of been a small patch hence your still on Marshmallow.

They should release it soon, all the higher devices have been updated-it is only a matter of time.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1203 of 2,331
Message 1203 of 2,331

My Xperia XZ hasn't received the Nougat 7.0 yet

I bought the Xperia Xz recently (like 3 weeks ago), and it still operate on Marshmallow 6.1, which is weird because it's supposed to be updated to Nougat by now. I live in Turkey, but I don't think it's the issue here. Anyone has/had the same problem? and is it a problem with the device, or just some delay in the update concerning the country/operator?

Message 1204 of 2,331
Message 1204 of 2,331

Re: My Xperia XZ hasn't received the Nougat 7.0 yet

Hello @anas_daye and welcome to the community!

Congratulations on your new great phone! Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

To make it more clear for you: it's not about purchase or origin country, it's about a specific character of your mobile/tablet called "customization version". You can check this version by dialing the code *#*#7378423#*#* the tap on "Software info", if you want me to check if this specific customization version has the update released or not I can help you with that.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 1205 of 2,331
Message 1205 of 2,331

Thank you for your reply @Quester! Yeah, I understand that the timing is different for different markets regarding updates, but it seemed that it should be released by now, as other people got their updates, even with phone models like Xperia X, which got me worried. Yes, if you can check that, my customization version is: 1305-7587_R5B. 

Thanks again!

Message 1206 of 2,331
Message 1206 of 2,331

@anas_daye

That customization version is indeed customized TR (Turkey), and it should be on the latest Android version of 7.1.1 (41.2.A.2.199).

How are you trying to update? If you are searching for updates from your phone's setting interface you might not find it. Major updates usually require the user to connect the phone to a PC/Mac with Xperia Companion installed. Try that and let us know jow it went.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 1207 of 2,331
Message 1207 of 2,331

@Quester

I tried updating through Xperia companion, and still it says that my device is up to date, and no updates are available. Anything else I can try?

Message 1208 of 2,331
Message 1208 of 2,331

@anas_daye

This sounds a bit strange, would it be possible for you to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion? This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Don't forget to backup using Xperia Companion, but preferably without adding apps or settings to the backup. 

Follow the steps given in blue links, and keep us updated.

Adviser
Message 1209 of 2,331
Message 1209 of 2,331

Re: Malfunction of Xperia XA Ultra after updating to Nougat 7.0 from Marshmallow

Hi I would like to ask when did you received the notification for the upgrade to Android Nougat on your Xperia XA Ultra and what country are you from.

I am just trying to give information to my fellow xperia XA batch users here that android N has been already rolled out thanks a lot! Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 1210 of 2,331
Message 1210 of 2,331

have you tried connecting to a wifi and checking directly on your phone?

There are some updates that is actually controlled by your operator and also on which country you belong.

If in case you still can't update it try visiting the nearest Sony Service Center to verify with them as well

Hope this helps.