account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Apprentice
Message 931 of 2,330
Message 931 of 2,330

Sony Xperia XZ Updates

I bought Xperia XZ last week and its stuning, I really love it as it's by far the best Xperia but some issues are killing the experiance. 

1. It's using more battery, with very casual use it's taking all the juice in a day. sometimes i feel that if i use more phone it'll not survive the whole day. and currently i am not using data, wonder how it'll perform when i use data packages.
  2. Double tap to wake sometimes works on it's own. I have to tap and tap and sometimes it works sometimes it wont work.
  3. From main menu when i press the home key, and open menu again it never returns to the same page in menu, instead it opens the first page of menu.
  4. WiFi Issue, Wifi at my workplace works just fine but at home or at my friend's place it will connect and not browse, sometimes it won't connect. I tried the solution of turning on DHCP legacy support but it sometimes makes it worse rather then solving. I had Xperia Z5 Premuim Dual and it had the same issue, Z5P is a wonderfull phone but this WiFi issue gave me nightmares. What is use of a smartphone without internet. I udpate the XZ5P to Nougat and the DHCP legacy support option disappeared making it impossible to use the phone. Now with this XZ i want to solve this issue of WiFi. 

This is my current software details :

• Andriod Version : Andriod 6.01
  • Security Patch Level : July 1 2016
  • Firmware : 39.0.A.1.213
  • Update Available : 39.0.A.1.250 42.5 MB

Should i update to this version ?

After that or in Nougat can any body confrim that the mentioned issues are solved ?

And also there is no issues other then the listed ? 

I am really scared to udpate as i'll not be able to downgrade it without bootloader unlocking(which will void the warranty and i don't want that as i have just purchased the phone.)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 932 of 2,330
Message 932 of 2,330

Re: What has happened to the Nougat update we were promised? Mark 2

After a long time, something satisfactory!!! :-) 

Enthusiast
Message 933 of 2,330
Message 933 of 2,330

Re: No updates for my tablet?

@Moneyloo wrote:

I'm curious if anyone else is not receiving updates. My z4 tablet I purchased off Amazon a while ago and its last update was the August 1, 2016 security update. It's running build number 32.2.A.0.305 and reports that the tablet is "up to date" when connected to Xperia companion on pc or OTA, even though I've been reading since like early February that Nougat was rolling out to the tablet.

So anyone still stuck on Marshmallow, or at least not getting the security updates?

Yes, that seems to be the case. I don't think Sony will be updating the Z4 tablet to Nougat, sorry.

I doubt that there will be any security updates either. Google is already providing April 2017 security updates while Sony is at August 2016. Hence no updates, I think.

Talent
Message 934 of 2,330
Message 934 of 2,330

@Partha1b wrote:

Yes, that seems to be the case. I don't think Sony will be updating the Z4 tablet to Nougat, sorry.

I doubt that there will be any security updates either. Google is already providing April 2017 security updates while Sony is at August 2016. Hence no updates, I think.

Going to have to correct you there, Partha1b.  The Z4 tablet is getting Nougat, and the latest update 32.3.A.2.33 updates the device to March 2017 ...

As for a Z4 stuck on 32.2.A.0.305 - Moneyloo is your Z4 a Hong Kong, Singapore or Taiwan device?  

Rookie
Message 935 of 2,330
Message 935 of 2,330

Re: Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

I am using the xperia xa ultra, will my device get nougat updation?? 

Visitor
Message 936 of 2,330
Message 936 of 2,330

Xperia XZ Android Update

With Android 6.0 My XZ was a bit more stable, 

When Will XZ get Android 7.1.1 or etc.. other Android update i mean ??

Learner
Message 937 of 2,330
Message 937 of 2,330

I'm not sure if it's one of those countries devices...I purchased it from amazon and when it booted for the first time it was in japanese if that helps...? Is there any way to check the region? I'm in USA.

One time poster
Message 938 of 2,330
Message 938 of 2,330

Beda

have sony z 5 dual and still there was no android 7.0. what can it be?

One time poster
Message 939 of 2,330
Message 939 of 2,330

Android version

Can I update my Sony Xperia Z lollipop version to nougat version?

Adviser
Message 940 of 2,330
Message 940 of 2,330

Nougat Update for XA Ultra

Are we going to get the Nougat 7.0

This month for the XA Ultra ? Please hit me back with a yay or nay only.. Thank you