account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Enthusiast
Message 901 of 2,330
Message 901 of 2,330

Re: Nougat withdrawn again?

@viridis wrote:

Which tablet?

Only tablet Z4 will get nougat and it's still rolling out.

It has been rolling for months. My SGP771 claims it's up to date. The build number is 32.2.A.0.305.

So, looks like your information is incorrect.

Rookie
Message 902 of 2,330
Message 902 of 2,330

Android 7 sony xperia xa

When come The Update of Android 7? 

Forum Legend
Message 903 of 2,330
Message 903 of 2,330

Re: Android 7 sony xperia xa

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Android-Nougat-When-are-we-getting-it-Which-Xperias-...

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Rookie
Message 904 of 2,330
Message 904 of 2,330

Forum Legend
Message 905 of 2,330
Message 905 of 2,330

Questions that can’t be answered on the support forum.

There are some type of questions that are impossible for us on the support forum to answer. Below you will find some examples on such questions and where to go for more information.

If you have questions like

When will XX software be released globally?
Will there be a maintenance release?

Please go to the News blog or our software update page where this information is shared.

If you have questions like

When will XX software be released in my country?
Where do I hand in my phone for repair?
When is my repair finished?

Please contact us in your country/region.

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Learner
Message 906 of 2,330
Message 906 of 2,330

Re: Nougat on Xperia Z5 Premium

I've tryied with Xperia Companion from PC.

1) Checking my device this app tell me that I'm ok with the last version.

2) Trying to fix the Android OS about any problems, this app require a total format of the device, and I've to do a total back up of my data. Do you think it's necessary? Or Can I only wait for a new release of Nougat? What do you advice?

Thanks a lot,

Stefano

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 907 of 2,330
Message 907 of 2,330

Re: Any news about Android Nougat Update?

At least, tell us the reasons behind it. Why there's so much delay in updating XA and XA Ultra? Do these phones cost nothing,?

Adviser
Message 908 of 2,330
Message 908 of 2,330

Re: Any news about Android Nougat Update?

I just said the other day. They just need to say it's going to be awhile before you'll  get a update so that it won't t get everybody hopes up. It is messed up how the old Z versions got a Nougat 7 update before a phone that came out last year. That mind blowing, but yeah we did cough up our hard earn money 💵.. So I do agree 👍 you

Rookie
Message 909 of 2,330
Message 909 of 2,330

Re: Dont receive nougat update till now?

@Hmz wrote:
Identify receive android nougat update till now although near 2months rolls out

I had to update via xperiaFirm, which worked. But than again I don't receive any updates from the Concept tool. Like the firmware 38.3.1.A.0.91.

cheers Tim

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 910 of 2,330
Message 910 of 2,330

Re: Nougat on Xperia Z5 Premium

@Stefano83z5 wrote:

Sorry but where can I find Xperia companion? Is only a software for pc? Do you think this is the best way to solve the problem? Thanks 

In Sony Mobile website Slightly smiling Face What you mean "Is only a software for pc?" if you got notification, but in the next steps, you wrote, nothing happens, so you can check only with PC in this situation or by IMEI in the same Sony Mobile web site (support section, when choose your smartphone model). How i saw sometime in Xperia Companion showing is new update, but after push to update somewhere gone message. Maybe it's network mistake, maybe app. I don't know reason why it happens Slightly smiling Face Welcome Slightly smiling Face

P.S. "Do you think this is the best way to solve the problem?" - The first need to be sure is really new update is available for you, that's why you need to check in Xperia Companion or by IMEI, if isn't new update and problem is really is -  the first what i do - i repair my smartphone, coz most time it helping, even after update Slightly smiling Face

If you want to solve problem - first find where is problem Slightly smiling Face