account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Hmz
Apprentice
Message 851 of 2,330
Message 851 of 2,330

Dont receive nougat update till now?

Identify receive android nougat update till now although near 2months rolls out
Sony Xperia Support
Message 852 of 2,330
Message 852 of 2,330

Re: Dont receive nougat update till now?

Hi @Hmz, do I understand you correctly in that you have now received the Android 7 Nougat update?

Please note that the timing window of updates varies depending on the market in which you are situated in, your carrier and also your region. Therefore, I am sorry to say that it is not possible for me to be able to name the exact reason as to why you got your update now instead of the initial roll out, but nonetheless I am happy that you now have an updated device! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Hmz
Apprentice
Message 853 of 2,330
Message 853 of 2,330

II mean Idont receive nougat update till now I have z3+ dual unlocked buy it from Amazon us and I now in Libya and don't receive any updates from November till now what's wrong

Hmz
Apprentice
Message 854 of 2,330
Message 854 of 2,330

Xperia z3+ don't receive any update from 32.2.a.0.305

My z3+ dual don't receive any update from last November and still work in marshmallow. Any solution to update to nougat

Learner
Message 855 of 2,330
Message 855 of 2,330

Xperia M5 Taiwan version still on 30.1.A.1.55

When can we expect an update of the Xperia M5 Taiwan version to Android 6? It's already been months since the other markets have upgraded to 30.2.A.1.21 (android 6) while the Taiwan version is still on 30.1.A.1.55 (android 5.1). It looks like Taiwan was forgotten... ;-)

Capture.JPG

Sony Xperia Support
Message 856 of 2,330
Message 856 of 2,330

It could be completely normal that you've not yet received an update, as this varies depending on the market, operator and region as I mentioned in my previous post. I'm afraid that I can't see exact timings regarding when specific devices will receive updates, but keep a lookout for a notification stating that you have an available software update.

Make sure to have at least 500MB of free as information about the update may not appear otherwise! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 857 of 2,330
Message 857 of 2,330

Re: I am Geeting updates on my Xperia XA ultra

excellent observation but sony is in sleeping mode they will wake when there mobile market share becomes zero.Currently other chinese brands like oppo,vivo,lenovo are ahead of sony in INDIA but still sony is not listening to there customer worries

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 858 of 2,330
Message 858 of 2,330

Re: I am Geeting updates on my Xperia XA ultra

I'm totally agree with you. I have also a Xperia XA Ultra Dual F3216, other phones in the list got updated, and I'm still waiting, 50 times at least in a day, I check for the updates on phone, on site, on companion, and still got nothing, Sony is disappointing me. 

One time poster
Message 859 of 2,330
Message 859 of 2,330

Re: Xperia z3+ don't receive any update from 32.2.a.0.305

dont update, you will be screwed with nougat

One time poster
Message 860 of 2,330
Message 860 of 2,330

no android 7 update

I've read that android 7 has been released for z3+ devices. but i still haven't got it. my memory is free too. and when i check from this site with my IMEI it says the phone is up to date :|

is there any problem or i still should wait??