account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Learner
Message 641 of 2,330
Message 641 of 2,330

Why is the Hong Kong Dual-Sim not getting updated?

I'm very frustrated because I own the HK version of the dual-sim XZ and I'm still stuck on firmware 39.2.A.0.374 with December 1 patches while literally every single other variant has been updated to 39.2.A.0.417 more than a month ago. 

Why is my phone not getting the update and why is Sony taking so long with this variant? From what I can see, only the HK and Taiwan variants are stuck on software 2 firmware updates ago but every single other variant has already been on 417 for a long time already. 

I would appreciate an update on when I can expect to recieve the new update. 

One time poster
Message 642 of 2,330
Message 642 of 2,330

Re: Android 7 Update on Xperia Z5 Compact

The same thing happened when my phone updated, but I restarted the phone again and all has been fine since.
One time poster
Message 643 of 2,330
Message 643 of 2,330

Z5 premium here and since update having problems with apps not responding and having to close them. Any ideas?
One time poster
Message 644 of 2,330
Message 644 of 2,330

HK version Nougat

Why the HK version can't get the nougat so far ?

Enthusiast
Message 645 of 2,330
Message 645 of 2,330

When are we getting Android 7.0 Nougat to Xperia XA/XA Ultra?

Are we going to get Android 7.0 Nougat to Xperia XA devices soon and what is approximate release date of it comming to Xperia XA?
Rookie
Message 646 of 2,330
Message 646 of 2,330

Now it´s fine.

I had done a restart. But I had to do it twice.

Now it´s again possible to open the two Apps Googe Play Store and Google Mail and work with them.

Learner
Message 647 of 2,330
Message 647 of 2,330

Please provide Nougat for Xperia Z2

Please Provide Android Nought update for Xperia Z2

Highlighted
Genius
Message 648 of 2,330
Message 648 of 2,330

Re: Please provide Nougat for Xperia Z2

Hi @544,

As it currently looks the Android Nougat update will unfortunately not be released for the Xperia Z2 I'm afraid.

I'll be happy forward whatever feedback you may have about this.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 649 of 2,330
Message 649 of 2,330

Re: Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

I have Z5 Dual. E6683. Customization 1298-7893 R9C. All of my friend who happen to have same phone model already received their major nougat update and minor update for bug fixes. But my Z5 havent received the major update yet. I'm still of Marshmallow. Any enlightenment please? Thanks!
Apprentice
Message 650 of 2,330
Message 650 of 2,330

Re: Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Before people complain from older Xperia Models, let me tell you that not all Xperia X models has Nougat update so far.

I have the Xperia X Dual 5122 model here, an HK variant that doesn't have update until now while I see an update for XA and Z models already. 

I really wanted to understand why they don't have update for HK and TW market until now.