account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Regular
Message 601 of 2,331
Message 601 of 2,331

Question about future updates and some issues

Still waiting for Android Nougat (7.0 – 7.1.1) update for Sony Xperia Z Ultra or atleast for Android Marshmallow (6.0 – 6.0.1) update, and that’s really frustrating! Even my phone now with current Sony Xperia Z Ultra Android version gives weird crashes where I need press Okay and from description for some kinda command. Even sometimes freezes and restarts. And camera now can take one photo and then gets crash where I need press Okay and turn off program.

I really interested to know if you still plan update OS (Android) of Z Ultra in future? And how can I help with tests of newer Android with my Z Ultra?

That weird crash is about sonyerricson.crashreport stopped working, I think.

Camera app issues gone for now, but if I encounter again I will tell.

There was used to be problem with Music app that sometimes skipps current playing song or even skipps current play song and song afterwards. There was a problem when I almost at home, when I entering my home wifi zone, it skipps current song, but for sometime that didn't happen now.

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 602 of 2,331
Message 602 of 2,331

Re: Question about future updates and some issues

My rule of thumb is: I only do one major version update. Example: if device started at 5, I will update to 6, or 6 to 7
This is because I'm old school.

... But also because I know the reality of manufacturers not giving two craps about older models... I worked at a tech place before... 3 year lifespan usually, then it's expected customer upgrades contract for machine
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 603 of 2,331
Message 603 of 2,331

Re: Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

@MichalH94 wrote:
Sony customer care is like blind man on tennis game...I think they will halt update again or they let it as it is-screwed like broken lego...

Sony some COSTUMERS are like spoiled little crying child, which can't be patience to get sweet candy or little bear toy - if you did not gave to him/her in time it -  they will scream loud and will mix with mud you... sad, that some costumers are witless Slightly frowning Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 604 of 2,331
Message 604 of 2,331

Re: Xperia z4 tablet Android 7 update

@josh77 wrote:

Same here no update yet in Canada (Z4 Tablet wifi)

Try to be patience... will be suprise how to easy to do that when you REALLY trying Slightly smiling Face

Talent
Message 605 of 2,331
Message 605 of 2,331

You think this is only of nougat problems? What about vulkan? Android wear2.0? Repair centers all over the world? I will better get rid of this profile and phone too, good bye.
First google it, then ask for it... Winking Face
Adept
Message 606 of 2,331
Message 606 of 2,331

And i haven't update my Xperia Z5 to nougat... And still in MM

Well, i received a notification that my phone will update to android 7.0 nougat, but i decide not update yet because base on other people's experience, even sony did a 2nd run update for nougat, they still have a bug like volume control bug.

Lets hope sony release a bug fix soon.
Adept
Message 607 of 2,331
Message 607 of 2,331

Re: And i haven't update my Xperia Z5 to nougat... And still in MM

Still in marshmallow though, and i have no problems. And i don't want a updated phone bugs.
Message 608 of 2,331
Message 608 of 2,331

I received the Nougat Update Information this morning for Z5C in Germany. I checked manually by searching for system updates in the updates section of settings and the download started the same moment.
Installation has to wait till I'm home from work 😑
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 609 of 2,331
Message 609 of 2,331

I got that update last night in Puerto Rico, for both my Z4 tablet and my Z5. So far is working great, except for a battery performance issue that I hope it will be solved over time as it happened with this phone while running on Marshmallow. Overall I'm happy with Nougat. Let's see what happens on the days coming .
Message 610 of 2,331
Message 610 of 2,331

Did the Update OTA an hour ago and it's smooth . No lags and faster than Marshmallow. No bugs, no problems so far. Battery will be more stable in a few hours I hope, but I wouldn't call it performance issue for my device. And I like the new quick menu design for WiFi/Bluetooth/etc.