account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Enthusiast
Message 561 of 2,331
Message 561 of 2,331

Re: Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Yeah I just read now Sony have started roll-out fir z5 again, now the waiting begins again, hopefully this time it arrives,Slightly smiling Face
Enthusiast
Message 562 of 2,331
Message 562 of 2,331

@Erik2017 wrote:
Yeah I just read now Sony have started roll-out fir z5 again, now the waiting begins again, hopefully this time it arrives,Slightly smiling Face

Who knows? The mood on the Xperia blog is not very positive.

I even tried to check if I could update with the PC companion. Would not even recognize the tablet. Go figure.

Enthusiast
Message 563 of 2,331
Message 563 of 2,331

tried on both my z5 premium and z4 tablet both ota and through xperia companion nothing nothing back then ever and nothing now i wonder if i will ever get that update and only reason i want it is for the notificationpanel and setting to make the dpi higher been waiting forever to make everything smaller.

Enthusiast
Message 564 of 2,331
Message 564 of 2,331

It might take a day or two when start the roll-out again, since there has been a massive wait for the update.
One time poster
Message 565 of 2,331
Message 565 of 2,331

Got the newest update (android 7.0 is running now) for my z5 and now my z5 is running slow and lags a lot.
Adviser
Message 566 of 2,331
Message 566 of 2,331

I had already use Android 7.0 Nougat for my z5 premium since Feb 09, 2017. There is little difference between Marsmallow if I feel and look.
1. Contact list is more long way to scroll. With last marsmallow, I only select "P" for my contact started with "P" name. But now, need to scroll down until "P"... :-(
2. Need to re-register your fingerprint.
One time poster
Message 567 of 2,331
Message 567 of 2,331

Haven't got Nougat update since last two and half months.

Xperia X (F5121/ Build number 34.0.A.2.301) recievied email of update in december but still didn't got any update till now on this build no. While my all companions got the latest Update of 7.1.1 and I am still on 6.0.1. Any guidelines are much appreciated.

Adviser
Message 568 of 2,331
Message 568 of 2,331

Dissatisfied :
3. No have feature to delete contact history one by one or selected a history only.
Highlighted
Talent
Message 569 of 2,331
Message 569 of 2,331

Sony, if this is joke...its not funny :/
First google it, then ask for it... Winking Face
Inhabitant
Message 570 of 2,331
Message 570 of 2,331

I'd like to say something about Nougat update.

I've flashed Australian version and did a full wipe in flashtool and have zero problems.

Fingerprint scanner is unbelieveably faster, almost instant, UI is snappier, battery is much much better(it was at 95% 24 hours ago, now it's at 54% with 2.5 hours SoT), sound is alright(top speaker is a bit louder(bass and mid tones), lower is quieter but has more treble), I see it as two speaker system, one for mids, one for highs, not a problem) but not all CPU cores work(tested with Antutu, and two of 4 A57's were running, but two weren't).

Anyways, still haven't tried with car bluetooth(hope it'll work), and have one big question I'd really like you to answer.

I've flashed Customized AU, but am from Croatia, can there be any problems since phone came with CE1?