account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Enthusiast
Message 541 of 2,331
Message 541 of 2,331

Re: Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

@MichaelH94 I know the feeling, Sony are taking forever to fix them bugs in the latest edition of the update, I was expecting it would've been out by now 😞
Enthusiast
Message 542 of 2,331
Message 542 of 2,331

Nougat

When will the nougat update re release been waiting forever for this update on my z5 premium
Forum Legend
Message 543 of 2,331
Message 543 of 2,331

Re: Nougat

http://www.xperiablog.net/2017/01/23/43791/

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
One time poster
Message 544 of 2,331
Message 544 of 2,331

Problem With update

at 17 januray i got new update ( Nougat ) for my xperia z5 premuim model number ( E6833 ) and after i do that update i faced some issues with software and i already did software repair with xperia comapnion today  and i found my phone backed to marshmallow and when i try to search for new update i got this message ( your device is up to date )

i hope to solve my problem
and sorry for my bad english

best regards

Sony Xperia Support
Message 545 of 2,331
Message 545 of 2,331

Re: Problem With update

Hi @AbdElHady_,

Welcome to the community.

We were made aware of reports from some users experiencing inconsistencies related to audio playback via third-party apps and SD card encrypted data read performance, after upgrading to Android 7.0, Nougat.

We've identified the root cause - and are aiming to provide corrective firmware, and recommence the roll-out as soon as possible.

This is likely why your device has been rolled back, until a fix is put in place.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 546 of 2,331
Message 546 of 2,331

Er.... For "as soon as possible" do Sony mean "as soon as we're updated the XZ, X Performance, X & X Compact again...".  After all Sony Mobile has updated those devices TWICE...

Commissioner
Message 547 of 2,331
Message 547 of 2,331

@CameronT

It's now 3rd weeks since halted update. Don't u think it's time to release? It's little bit funny how you are unable bring properly working update even u have beta and concept programms :-D Sooo sloooooow

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Highlighted
Talent
Message 548 of 2,331
Message 548 of 2,331

I think the X phones have bigger priority then Z5 phones...but yes, this is not so good for Xperia comunity if Sony will make improvements only for TOP devices for one year old manufactured devices...that is maybe one of reasons why Sony cannot sell their phones like in the past...(if I will not count the X line because this line is crazy move...) ...
First google it, then ask for it... Winking Face
Message 549 of 2,331
Message 549 of 2,331

Or.. Maybe Sony is still working on the update for one year old devices like 99.9% of manufactures out there.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 550 of 2,331
Message 550 of 2,331

hey how long you try to roll it out. now it takes too long. near to one month for fixing issues and rall out. hyrry up sony. why whats happed. this is not good for our brand. we need to release all updates as soon as. please roll it on this week.

@CameronT wrote:

Hi @AbdElHady_,

Welcome to the community.

We were made aware of reports from some users experiencing inconsistencies related to audio playback via third-party apps and SD card encrypted data read performance, after upgrading to Android 7.0, Nougat.

We've identified the root cause - and are aiming to provide corrective firmware, and recommence the roll-out as soon as possible.

This is likely why your device has been rolled back, until a fix is put in place.