account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Enthusiast
Message 501 of 2,330
Message 501 of 2,330

Re: Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Received a client update but still no nougat I was so excited 

Apprentice
Message 502 of 2,330
Message 502 of 2,330

Z3 dual Sim d6633

No any frimware.ftf update available to Android 7.1.1 in Internet for z3 dual Sim d6633 and no tweak system and battery life 3100 mah to keep 6h charging
Apprentice
Message 503 of 2,330
Message 503 of 2,330

Me to. Google i/o in may. They be announcing android 8 then as well.
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 504 of 2,330
Message 504 of 2,330

Re: Z3 dual Sim d6633

@Smaali wrote:
No any frimware.ftf update available to Android 7.1.1 in Internet for z3 dual Sim d6633 and no tweak system and battery life 3100 mah to keep 6h charging

Sony don't uploading .tft files in internet, even for devices which will not get Nougat, so all claims for people which doing that Slightly smiling Face By the way first at all go to Sony Mobile Blog where is information which devices will get Nougat, then take claims or something like that Slightly smiling Face

Inhabitant
Message 505 of 2,330
Message 505 of 2,330

I'm running Nougat on my Z5. I tested since one week. Everything works fine. So when we create a new contact the defaut picture is from stock Android Nougat not from Sony UI.
One time poster
Message 506 of 2,330
Message 506 of 2,330

Any update for Xperia Z5 Premium Dual E6833 having VoLTE function on Android nougat update
Inhabitant
Message 507 of 2,330
Message 507 of 2,330

When will XZ FW 39.2.A.0.386 reach NOBA?

Hi.

I'm writing this post because I'm getting really frustrated about Sony's weird max 2 countries a day (and none on the weekends) update rollout policy. After getting Nougat on my XZ I was happy until finding out that all my BT accessories are now somewhat crippled. And that most importantly includes my car's infotainment system with hands-free and contacts sync. Of course I made a post here, found out that new updates are already on their way and ... now I'm just waiting and waiting for the updates to reach my region (NOBA). I'm still running FW 39.2.A.0.361 and for over a month I cannot use my phone normally in my car without a risk of being apprehended by cops, I cannot use my BT headset's or headphones' controls etc. I love Sony, most of my tech at home is Sony, most of my family has been using Sony/Sony-Ericsson phones for a decade now, but this right here is starting to get on my nerves. Can anyone here tell me, when or if we can expect this bugfix-update in my region? Also Sony promised to be one of the first OEMs to come out with 7.1.1, but it seems that there's now a total silence, after first Hallelujahs, regarding this topic from Sony's part.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 508 of 2,330
Message 508 of 2,330

updating to Android 7 again z5 dual

hi

last week i upgrataed my z5 dual, to android 7

2 days ago, because of some problem, i had to reset my phone,to factory mode.

so after reset, its downgraded to 6.0.1.

now when ever i go to "software update" section in menu, it says your phone is up to date, why it doesnt offer me android 7 again??

Enthusiast
Message 509 of 2,330
Message 509 of 2,330

Re: updating to Android 7 again z5 dual

Because sony detected some problem with the Android 7 firmware for Z5. They’re still working on the inconsistencies in Nougat for Z5, Z3+ and Z4 Tablet - priority is user experience. They will re-commence rollout ASAP

Commissioner
Message 510 of 2,330
Message 510 of 2,330

Re: When will XZ FW 39.2.A.0.386 reach NOBA?

dear can you repair your software using Xperia Companion. some times this kind of thing happening. i have Xperia Z5P. now we cant update our phones to Nougat. but Likily i already update it. i also had some issues. after that i repair my phone using Xperia companion. now i'm using my phone withoiut issues. now more than 1 week. i'm so happy better battery life and lot of things. i think you better repair your phone using Xperia Companion. take a backup before repair. it also can do Using that Software.

Thanks for Using Sony and I Like this words. you also like me dear. try it.  i think it will we fine 

@RihoP wrote:

Hi.

I love Sony, most of my tech at home is Sony, most of my family has been using Sony/Sony-Ericsson phones for a decade now,