account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 241 of 2,331
Message 241 of 2,331

Re: Nougat 7.0 for Sony Xperia™ X

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm specific date for any particular firmware release due to the nature of the approval process. If there is a particular update you are wanting to update to, it may not be available for your exact handset.

As the updates are customised by multiple parties before being released, updates can become available for one handset before another handset, even if they are both the same model.

Once the update is customised by Sony it would then be passed on to your service provider to make any required adjustments for their network.

Please be aware that if your handset has originated outside your region this can also cause a delay in the release.

Once the software is ready to be downloaded on your unit, you will receive a notification on your phone advising of the option to update.

For further information regarding the approval process please see here.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/The-software-update-collection-topic/m-p/348066#U348066

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 242 of 2,331
Message 242 of 2,331

Re: Nougat 7.0 for Sony Xperia™ X

@CameronT wrote:

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm specific date for any particular firmware release due to the nature of the approval process. If there is a particular update you are wanting to update to, it may not be available for your exact handset.

As the updates are customised by multiple parties before being released, updates can become available for one handset before another handset, even if they are both the same model.

Once the update is customised by Sony it would then be passed on to your service provider to make any required adjustments for their network.

But if for others region is out for the same model software update, only for my region is not out, i will get update anyway, just need to wait, i'm right? Is any different between dual and single model versions? I'm asking coz when i had single smartphones from Sony i got update after their released - week, two week period. Now i'm waiting with dual C5 Ultra version Marshmallow about three months... How many time going update process? Maybe i'm waiting in vain? My version of software update is NOBA (Scandinavia countries/Baltic countries)? Thanks in advance for answer Winking Face

Apprentice
Message 243 of 2,331
Message 243 of 2,331

Android 7.0

Great seeing 7.0 coming through on sony units. Are they first to update after Google?
Emperor
Message 244 of 2,331
Message 244 of 2,331

Re: Android 7.0

@wk24

It seems that Sony is aiming to be the first to release 7.1.1 other than Google

http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/12/08/sony-aims-to-be-first-manufacturer-to-release-android-7-1-1-out...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 245 of 2,331
Message 245 of 2,331

Great news!
Commissioner
Message 246 of 2,331
Message 246 of 2,331

Samsung are waiting for 7.1.1 before they release Nougat to the S7. That's a good move, I'd rather keep MM until a totally stable version of Nougat is available.
Highlighted
Learner
Message 247 of 2,331
Message 247 of 2,331

When am I going to get android 7 for my z5 premium

Is that going to take much more time
Emperor
Message 248 of 2,331
Message 248 of 2,331

Re: When am I going to get android 7 for my z5 premium

@Ahmad1998

No one can answer that question

@Ahmad1998 wrote:
Is that going to take much more time

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 249 of 2,331
Message 249 of 2,331

Re: Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

@Tomaz_udovicX

Embrace Android, you can use other lockscreen apps that fit your needs. 

Emperor
Message 250 of 2,331
Message 250 of 2,331

Re: When am I going to get android 7 for my z5 premium

@Ahmad1998

No one knows