account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Commissioner
Message 201 of 2,331
Message 201 of 2,331

Re: Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

hey guys,

Finally Sony Xperia x Performance got Android Nougat Update Firmware build number 39.2.A.0.327.  still waiting others to get nougat update. there are lot of different with marshmallows. that update still not with all country.still on few country. think get it soon on your devises.here is the  Screen shot of update. i think this update will update via computer is better than the mobile update .if your devise get update notification update it via PC.

And Other Xperia users are waiting for the update.i'm also waitng for the xperia z5 premium update. i think it will get soon... happy to say this time sony release update faster than the other times. :smileysmileythumbsup:

original.jpg

Commissioner
Message 202 of 2,331
Message 202 of 2,331

how amazing Sony today start to rolling nougat for Xperia XZ.. wow how nice it is we are waiting SONY. i think next update for Xperia Z5 premium users.. waiting ...............

more information click here

Enthusiast
Message 203 of 2,331
Message 203 of 2,331

Holy cow that's a very big update 1.3gb thats bigger than, than previously update, wow thanks for the post Slightly smiling Face
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 204 of 2,331
Message 204 of 2,331

Yes, thanks for that screens. I hope this update will be available soon for both my Xperia Z5 and Z4 tablet.
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 205 of 2,331
Message 205 of 2,331

@Erik2017 wrote:
Holy cow that's a very big update 1.3gb thats bigger than, than previously update, wow thanks for the post Slightly smiling Face

Marshmallow also big update, how i saw for various Xperia models is between 1.4GB - 1.5GB, so it's bigger neither this concept update Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 206 of 2,331
Message 206 of 2,331

@CharlesJ wrote:
Yes, thanks for that screens. I hope this update will be available soon for both my Xperia Z5 and Z4 tablet.

It's concept update for Xperia X and Xperia X Performance, so i think it can change like was with Marshmallow concept updates Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 207 of 2,331
Message 207 of 2,331

Does Xperia Z3+ Dual support Android N?

Does Dual version devices later than Xperia Z3+ support Android N? Because I saw it only said "Xperia™ XZ, X Compact, XA Ultra, XA, X Performance, X, Z5, Z5 Compact, Z5 Premium, Z4 Tablet, and Z3+. Find out more about your device on the Support page." bit.ly/nougat_update3

(I have Z3+ Dual and I'm curious ☺)
Emperor
Message 208 of 2,331
Message 208 of 2,331

Re: Does Xperia Z3+ Dual support Android N?

If the Z3+ is then I would think the Dual version too 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 209 of 2,331
Message 209 of 2,331

Question : Z5 receiving 2017s Android 8.0 O (not 7.0) update

Is it likely that phones from the Z5 series would receive Android 8.0? I honestly feel that these phones are better than Google's Nexus line considering they have similar specs and lower resolution screens (Z5 and Z5C), and therefore more powerful. Some flagships today are released with the Snapdragon 810 processor (such as the HTC 10 Evo and HTC Bolt) with Android Nougat out of the box thus leading me to believe that they will get Android 9.0 P, or at least 8.0 O. Please Sony, allow us to have at least android 8.0 in late 2017.
Emperor
Message 210 of 2,331
Message 210 of 2,331

Re: Question : Z5 receiving 2017s Android 8.0 O (not 7.0) update

Android 7.0 Nougat is just being released, there's NO information on Android 8.0 at all, neither for Nexus devices nor other OEM at the moment, just rumors and speculations 

@Rohit2001 wrote:
Is it likely that phones from the Z5 series would receive Android 8.0? I honestly feel that these phones are better than Google's Nexus line considering they have similar specs and lower resolution screens (Z5 and Z5C), and therefore more powerful. Some flagships today are released with the Snapdragon 810 processor (such as the HTC 10 Evo and HTC Bolt) with Android Nougat out of the box thus leading me to believe that they will get Android 9.0 P, or at least 8.0 O. Please Sony, allow us to have at least android 8.0 in late 2017.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)