account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

Genius
Message 51 of 2,330
Message 51 of 2,330

Re: Sony,Please make Nougat for Z3

Actually, apparently and sadly...
http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/8/23/12614418/sony-xperia-z3-android-7-nougat-upgrade

And.. http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2016/08/23/sony-xperia-and-android-7-0-nougat/

Well, seems that if this is correct, a lot of people is going to be upset.

But, I am not Sony so..

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Highlighted
Genius
Message 52 of 2,330
Message 52 of 2,330

Nougat Aka Wait, what? No Z3?

I don't like to start fires and I really hope that all this fuss is just about a preliminary list of devices that will receive Nougat, however according to the Verge (the author of the article is angry at Sony), other sources and the official blog... http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2016/08/23/sony-xperia-and-android-7-0-nougat/

... Only a very small subset of devices will receive Nougat. No Z3 and none of the actual midrangers will receive it.

I am not Sony, I understand that but that list is wrong.

Ok, not discussing about my C5 which is not even one year old but hey, it's a midrange you will say...

... transeat...

Anyway, yes the fact that the Z3 Serie is not there sounds hopefully like a mistake but mostly like a tremendous error as the device is really capable and premium enough to deserve the last candy before being officially retired.

I am not going to bash Sony, my next device will be Sony but yes..

Sorry Sony you are doing it wrongly.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Sony Xperia Support
Message 53 of 2,330
Message 53 of 2,330

Thanks @YoGem, I hadn't seen that yet.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Genius
Message 54 of 2,330
Message 54 of 2,330

Yeah, that is ok. At the end Nougat is not really that big change, the real deal was moving from Lollipop to Marshmallow. My only possible concern is about security patches.

Wizardry is the key!
Apprentice
Message 55 of 2,330
Message 55 of 2,330

Sony finally announced Xperia devices for updating to Nougat

Acordding to Sony Announcement:

As you’ve probably seen Google unveil Android version 7.0, Nougat we’ve seen lots of questions on our upgrade roadmap and plans – so, here goes…

We will make Android 7.0, Nougat available for: Xperia Z3+, Xperia Z4 Tablet, Xperia Z5, Xperia Z5 Compact, Xperia Z5 Premium, Xperia X, Xperia XA, Xperia XA Ultra and Xperia X Performance*.
Adept
Message 56 of 2,330
Message 56 of 2,330

Re: Sony finally announced Xperia devices for updating to Nougat

Add and Xperia m4 please. we need this update as soon as possible,becouse in MM the biggest bug is audio. Is distorted and lower. the sound is very low . please

Learner
Message 57 of 2,330
Message 57 of 2,330

Re: Android Nougat When are we getting it? Which Xperias will be updated?

This could be an explanation as to why the Xperia Z3 isn't getting Android Nougat.
While Sony was being vague about this before, there's now official evidence that this is actually out of their hands and it's not their fault.
Apparently, with Android Nougat, support for Open GL ES 3.1 or Vulcan is absolutely necessary to acquire Google CTS certification. When Sony released preview builds for the Xperia Z3, this wasn't a requirement.
Why doesn't Xperia Z3 support Open GL ES 3.1?....Because Qualcomm was extremely slow to adopt it compared to other companies, the first Snapdragon processor to support Open GL ES 3.1 was the Snapdragon 805.
Why doesn't Google just support Open GL ES 3.1??...We don't know yet... Slightly smiling Face)
One time poster
Message 58 of 2,330
Message 58 of 2,330

Why the Xperia M5 will not receive Android Nougat?

In my country (Spain) it was launched in February 2016 (in another countries in 2015) and the Xperia M5 has very good specs and i don´t understand that the Xperia XA witch 2 GB of RAM will have Android Nougat and the Xperia M5 with 3Gb of RAM will not have.

Enthusiast
Message 59 of 2,330
Message 59 of 2,330

This is really frustrating. M5 which isn't even 1 year old yet and costs as much as Z3+ not getting update. It has 3gb ram and 1080p screen and opengl es 3.1. This is really unfair. Sony you should reconsider it.

I have to say sony you are doing it wrong, please reconsider it. Because it is going to upset lots of customers.
Inhabitant
Message 60 of 2,330
Message 60 of 2,330

SONY disapoints again 🙅. Really dissapointed with their nougat plans . Was expecting the z2, z3, m4, m5 ,c4 and c5 to get nougat but nothing. These Sony, you are going to make alot angry customers by doing this and i am seriosly am angry😠😠