account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

Rookie
Message 81 of 466
Message 81 of 466

Re: Xperia Z5 Oreo

the probléme mr @ is not about intelligence but is about z5 (z3 ........) is great phone with a great performance which they must to be able to update to oreo the probléme is why note .
the probléme is i am in feare that sony wont update to make people move on an buy the new device and that is not acceptable be cause not all peopole are able buying a new device

Message 82 of 466
Message 82 of 466

Re: sony z3 Software Update

It wasn't their fault for not updating though. Go check on why it cannot be updated to ANDROID 7.0 from Google.

"According to Sony developer Ola Olsson, there are two reasons that Xperia Z3 won't be getting an official Android 7.0 Nougat update. The first is a technical one and it's related to some “unforeseen platform limitations” that did not allow Sony to push the Developer Preview 5 update to the Xperia Z3 devices.

Apparently, since Sony hasn't been able to deliver that final update for Xperia Z3, it won't be allowed to upgrade the smartphone to Android 7.0 Nougat even if it wanted to.

Just before the Japanese company could release Developer Preview 5 for the Xperia Z3, Google updated its CTS (Compatibility Test Suite) requirements. The search giant introduced a requirement that removes lots smartphones from the compatibility list: support for either Vulkan or OpenGL ES 3.1.

Since Xperia Z3 comes with a Snapdragon 801 processor and an Adreno 330 GPU that support Open GL 3.0 ES only, it makes it impossible for this smartphone to pass the CTS test. This would be the legal reason that prevents Sony from providing Xperia Z3 users with the long-awaited Android 7.0 Nougat update.

Naturally, Sony Xperia Z3 won't be the only smartphone that won't be getting the Nougat update since it comes with an older chipset inside. Many other devices that pack Snapdragon 800 and 801 CPUs will not be able to pass Google's CTS test."

Veteran
Message 83 of 466
Message 83 of 466

Re: sony z3 Software Update

ichigo-k wrote:

why sony z3 don't update software to android 8.0 ?
is it the same probleme with android 7 ??

If Z5 will not get Oreo, what's a chance to get Oreo for Z3, your opinion? :-) The first Z3 is much more older as Z5, i think Z3 just an't run Oreo normal, without bad process things :-) 

For example: I have/had old Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman (WT19i) model which still running Android 2.3 version. I updated these days Facebook app in it and smartphone started to lag... For one bad work was enough for old WT19i just update simple app. So i want to say, that how good was Z3 in past, these days apps, software and ect., aldo going foward and request much more powerful devices and ect. Do you really want to get Oreo, but all days to be disppoined, coz yours smartphone became just trash after update? :-) Impossible to update all models and you must understand that how good is yours model in past, in future it became just too old for newest techmologies :-) 

Don't forget to give kudos and to say thank you to user which helped you, it's not hard to do for you, but it's important for helper smile happy
Veteran
Message 84 of 466
Message 84 of 466

Re: Xperia Z5 Oreo

ichigo-k wrote:

the probléme mr @ is not about intelligence but is about z5 (z3 ........) is great phone with a great performance which they must to be able to update to oreo the probléme is why note .
the probléme is i am in feare that sony wont update to make people move on an buy the new device and that is not acceptable be cause not all peopole are able buying a new device

ichigo-k wrote:

Looks like you did not understand my minds, so i just can to advise you to read it again untill you will understand. Also i already commentted about Z5 and Z3 models, i don's see point to write everything again. When you will understand what is intelligence, when we can talk, now there is no point to discuss about things which you can't or don't want to understand :-) 

By the way, if Sony and just don't want to update, it's theirs business, they spending money for that and big money, so they can do what they want, my opinion. Android operating system is open source so everyone can edit it and create how they want. You can edit it too or hire human which can create for you special Oreo version for yours Z3 or Z5, where is problem? You don't want to spend yours money, but you easily want to spend Sony's? This is your opinion is intelligence? My opinion this is not intellegence :-) 

Sony must support yours device 1, 2 or more years, depends market and ect., if is something bad with yours device and it's Sony's fault, but Sony don't must to create all the time all newest Android versions for you, even if there is no point and reasons to do that  :-) Can you understand that? :-) 

Don't forget to give kudos and to say thank you to user which helped you, it's not hard to do for you, but it's important for helper smile happy
Rookie
Message 85 of 466
Message 85 of 466

Re: Android 8.0 O When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

Sony x

Learner
Message 86 of 466
Message 86 of 466

Android Oreo 8.0 for Xperia L1

Please make Android Oreo update for Xperia L1.

Kudo this post if you agree. 

Veteran
Message 87 of 466
Message 87 of 466

Re: Android 8.0 O When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

Nazari and Zluser1
Which models will get Oreo you can find in Sony Mobile blogs :-) 
Enthusiast
Message 88 of 466
Message 88 of 466

Soo z5 premium not getting Android 8 oreo ,kind of knew t...

Soo z5 premium not getting Android 8 oreo ,kind of knew this was going too happpen, since what happpen naught, with the z5 taking so long , naught should've never been released, IMO , I was hoping it too get Oreo when they were going too release it or z5 and change it , very disappointed really I guess my last update will be 7.1.1 which I still haven't received yet.

One time poster
Message 89 of 466
Message 89 of 466

Android o

Why xperia z5 don't receive android o but nexus 6p have it

Veteran
Message 90 of 466
Message 90 of 466

Re: Soo z5 premium not getting Android 8 oreo ,kind of knew t...

Erik2017 wrote:

Soo z5 premium not getting Android 8 oreo ,kind of knew this was going too happpen, since what happpen naught, with the z5 taking so long , naught should've never been released, IMO , I was hoping it too get Oreo when they were going too release it or z5 and change it , very disappointed really I guess my last update will be 7.1.1 which I still haven't received yet.

History showing to us, that Sony has never changed decision, so Z5 Premium will not get Oreo smile happy