account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

Kow
Adviser
Message 71 of 480
Message 71 of 480

Re: Android 8.0 Oreo AOSP Released

Well they released 7.1.1 on the z5 and that doesn't work properly so it shouldn't be too problematic for them to try with 8.

Inhabitant
Message 72 of 480
Message 72 of 480

Re: OREO for XPERIA

When can we expect the updates to be available. Last year, there was a delay of 2 months for Nougat. Can we expect Oreo this time on schedule?

Message 73 of 480
Message 73 of 480

@gouthi8

Release timings are currently TBC. And 2 months is not too much, that was ahead of almost every non-Google android phone.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Anonymous
N/A
Message 74 of 480
Message 74 of 480

Re: Android 8.0 Oreo AOSP Released

Kow wrote:

Well they released 7.1.1 on the z5 and that doesn't work properly so it shouldn't be too problematic for them to try with 8.

Maybe they tried and got bad result, maybe that's why Z5 will not get Oreo? smile happy

Anonymous
N/A
Message 75 of 480
Message 75 of 480

gouthi8 wrote:

When can we expect the updates to be available. Last year, there was a delay of 2 months for Nougat. Can we expect Oreo this time on schedule?

I agree with Quester, Sony engineers are not robots, need much more time. I'm sure you want to receive update straight off after Google released or announcement, but it's impossible... There is a lot of simples tools to create app for Android operating system. Try with these tools to create app for Android operating system and see how you take it time... With operating system everything is much more harder... You must be much more intelligent smile happy I understand costumers which waiting much more than year or almost year as i do (waiting Marshmallow), but one or two month is too less smile happy Be patience and everything you will see when will be time for that smile happy

And i'm sure anyway will be a lot of pointed out users which will say the same over and over here, but i'm sure Sony will work theirs usual pace, so these prays from users to make software faster or to update a particular device don't have any points smile happy So with most these prays you just making yourself  frustrated smile happy I advise you to wait and when everything will be ready - you'll see without any questions smile happy

One time poster
Message 76 of 480
Message 76 of 480

Xperia Z5 Oreo

Is anyone else disappointed that Sony wont be updating the Z5 to Oreo? My device is barely 2yrs old and already it wont be getting the latest update.

Message 77 of 480
Message 77 of 480

For the 2 new XPERIA smartphones announced at IFA 2017, they used the newest version in their software, ANDROID OREO. But as from the YouTube videos on the hands-on preview/review, I saw that the navigation buttons are stock. Is this the final version they are going to release? Because it will make the smartphone feel like it is not from Sony, the home button makes it feel like a Sony smartphone. What I hope is they can reuse the navigation buttons that their smartphones still uses like my XPERIA XZ PREMIUM, and only change the colour to white, which is similar to stock except the home button is Sony-like. So the question I am asking is this, is the software for navigation buttons still finalized? 

Anonymous
N/A
Message 78 of 480
Message 78 of 480

Re: Xperia Z5 Oreo

Trace1 wrote:

Is anyone else disappointed that Sony wont be updating the Z5 to Oreo? My device is barely 2yrs old and already it wont be getting the latest update.

I'm faster disappointed that a lot of users here aren't intelligents smile happy Do you really thing that yours model must get all Android versions? smile happy I don't think so smile happy

Rookie
Message 79 of 480
Message 79 of 480

sony z3 Software Update

why sony z3 don't update software to android 8.0 ?
is it the same probleme with android 7 ??

Emperor
Message 80 of 480
Message 80 of 480

Re: sony z3 Software Update

@ichigo-k

If the Z3 won't get 7.0 it won't get 8.0 or further updates. 

ichigo-k wrote:

why sony z3 don't update software to android 8.0 ?
is it the same probleme with android 7 ??

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)