account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 341 of 1,261
Message 341 of 1,261

Re: XA and XA Ultra Android 8 Update

@AkHilAcHu wrote:

Xa and Xa ultra are unlikely to get Oreo update from the recent years we have seen sony dropping many mid rangers that are older than 8 Months from update list

even many sony low end or mid rangers dont even get a major android update like XA and XA ultra got Nougat

They have a tendency of only updating high-end ones

Hope i will get Oreo Update on XZs

Xperia XZs as you can see list, which i posted to another user, will get Oreo update, but when... it's hard to say. Probally you know that's depends market, operator and ect., so need to wait and grandually to check in Xperia Companion, Sony Mobile and etc. A lot of companies have some level of service like premium with high support, assortment and ect., and normal service which usually can be free or with lower price, but with some cutted support, assortment and ect. So my opinion is normal that Xperia high-end getting full support from Sony including more updates and ect. High-end smartphone cost much more as mid-range, they should get better support. But i disagree that Sony don't support mid-range at all. They getting updates, help and ect. Maybe little less as high-end, but as i wrote you paying more for premium service, so it must be better support. In all market, services and ect. is the same. Sony i don't see that doing different, But this is only my opinion Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 342 of 1,261
Message 342 of 1,261

XZ1 dual firmware update not available ?

Hi all, 

I find this frustrating as a XZ1 user who is stuck on firmware version 47.1.A.2. 273..

I read on the news that there's a firmware update available to fix the camera issue. Great! It's supposed to be 47.1.A.5.51! However- I see that there's even an intermediate version that I am missing out on (. 374) too!! What gives??!

Looking at the places that Sony won't officially acknowledge - I see that my sub model has already been tagged for the newer update.. But I'm stuck!! What's the deal? Should I even wait at this point? Or just return this thing.. I know that Sony has always been slow with us USA folk.. But this definitely seems odd to me!!! 

One time poster
Message 343 of 1,261
Message 343 of 1,261

Upadates - when?

I note that there has been a Firmware and security update available for some time now. When is this going to become available in the UK please?  I find it hard to understand why, with only 1 week left of November, the security update dated 1 November does not seem to be available.  I would also like to see the update to Build  47.1.A.5.51.  Is there a timetable for releases in the various markets somewhere that I can view?

Xperia Companion keeps telling me that I have the latest software installed which clearly, I do not.

Enthusiast
Message 344 of 1,261
Message 344 of 1,261

Re: Upadates - when?

It tells you that you have the latest software installed that is available for your device, not that you have the latest software that exists.

Please remain patient.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 345 of 1,261
Message 345 of 1,261

Re: XZ1 dual firmware update not available ?

@Also-wik wrote:

Hi all, 

I find this frustrating as a XZ1 user who is stuck on firmware version 47.1.A.2. 273..

I read on the news that there's a firmware update available to fix the camera issue. Great! It's supposed to be 47.1.A.5.51! However- I see that there's even an intermediate version that I am missing out on (. 374) too!! What gives??!

Looking at the places that Sony won't officially acknowledge - I see that my sub model has already been tagged for the newer update.. But I'm stuck!! What's the deal? Should I even wait at this point? Or just return this thing.. I know that Sony has always been slow with us USA folk.. But this definitely seems odd to me!!! 

Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country, but i don't think that Sony distinguish USA as country. Every user waiting for updates sometime long time, impossible to get update in the same time for all users, as i mentioned it depends some things. So i can advise you further to check in Xperia Companion, Sony Mobile and ect., or a simple to ask your GSM operator about posibility to get this update at all. Be pantience and don't forget when will be available update you must get notification about it in yours smartphone Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 346 of 1,261
Message 346 of 1,261

Re: XZ1 dual firmware update not available ?

Android oreo 8.0 started rolling up for Xperia XZ F8331/F8331 today 24/11/17 !!

Thank you sony but, I hope they  will update camera and optimize battery life and performance soon ..

Commissioner
Message 347 of 1,261
Message 347 of 1,261

Re: Upadates - when?

I have a contract with Vodafone UK and I got the update 4 days ago. The only difference I have noticed is that there is an option in the Camera App to correct for image distortion. I haven't tried that option out though because none of the photos I have taken so far have suffered any noticable distorsion problems.

One time poster
Message 348 of 1,261
Message 348 of 1,261

Z 5 premium

Nexus 6p  and z5 premium same time launch but nexus 6p oreo update. Please z5 premium oreo update. 
Apprentice
Message 349 of 1,261
Message 349 of 1,261

Re: Z 5 premium

samsung s6 will also get oreo update

samsung is better than sony now

One time poster
Message 350 of 1,261
Message 350 of 1,261

Xperia L1 and oreo.

Sony ... I do not really understand you. So it's about the xperia L1 phone. The phone has come out in 5 months. And now you will not really upgrade 8.0 oreo for that phone? Please upgrade this phone to 8.0 android. Thank you.