account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 321 of 1,274
Message 321 of 1,274

Release date for android 8 in PORTUGAL

Release date for android 8 in PORTUGAL

Highlighted
Learner
Message 322 of 1,274
Message 322 of 1,274

When November 2017 security patch or meaby Oreo?

When November 2017 security patch or meaby Oreo?

Older deviences has recived  November 2017 security patch like X.

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 323 of 1,274
Message 323 of 1,274

Re: Release date for android 8 in PORTUGAL

KayZ, it's hard to say, as i know there is no official release dates yet, so nobody know how will be available Oreo in Portugal Slightly smiling Face Keep checking and be patience, little too earily to ask about that Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 324 of 1,274
Message 324 of 1,274

Re: Android - 8

@Chinmoy_Dhauria wrote:

Xperia XA dual upgrade to 8??? Pls confirm..... 

As i know Sony Xperia XA Dual will not get Oreo Slightly smiling Face

Model Information about released software

Xperia™ XZ1Tap or click for information
Xperia™ XZ1 Dual SIMTap or click for information
Xperia™ XZ1 CompactTap or click for information
Xperia™ XZ PremiumTap or click for information
Xperia™ XZ Premium Dual SIMTap or click for information
Xperia™ XZWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XZ Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XZsWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XZs Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 PlusWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 Plus Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1Will be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 UltraWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XA1 Ultra Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ X PerformanceWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ X Performance Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ X CompactWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ XWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ X Dual SIMWill be updated to Android™ 8.0
Xperia™ TouchWill be updated to Android™ 8.0

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 325 of 1,274
Message 325 of 1,274

Re: 47.1.A.5.51

@saurabhr wrote:

This new update is out with November Security patch.
I have also found the "Distortion Correction" option in camera.
Is there anything else changed ?

I think sony should atleast release a update log which shows major changes and fixes since at each update we have to check if our issue is fixed or not.

I still find the adaptive brighness issue reported in sony oreo not getting fixed.

"This update includes a fix for the camera sensor issues that owners of the dual-SIM version were encountering, where the RGBC-IR and ToF (Laser AF) sensors were not working as they should.

The new firmware also includes the latest 1 November 2017 Android security patch. The new firmware is currently live across a number of regions – please post your impressions below once you have updated." this is Xperiablog (unofficial) information Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 326 of 1,274
Message 326 of 1,274

Goodbye Sony Mobile (Z5 User)

Being your mobile flagship Z5 user, do you know how embrassing it is not to have the upgrade to Oreo? 

Even some China branded phones are able to upgrade to the Oreo, but not my Z5! 

With this kind of support, any Z5 user will buy it again???

OK, I quit! 

Good Luck, Mobile division! 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 327 of 1,274
Message 327 of 1,274

Re: When November 2017 security patch or meaby Oreo?

For XZ

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 328 of 1,274
Message 328 of 1,274

Re: Goodbye Sony Mobile (Z5 User)

@kisaehk wrote:

Being your mobile flagship Z5 user, do you know how embrassing it is not to have the upgrade to Oreo? 

Even some China branded phones are able to upgrade to the Oreo, but not my Z5! 

With this kind of support, any Z5 user will buy it again???

OK, I quit! 

Good Luck, Mobile division! 

Did you know what quality is of chinese smartphones and Sony's? Some guys bought Doogee Y6 Max 3D, which is spain designers and chinese manufactors mutual product. By specifications this model looks in some section better when mine Sony Xperia C5 Ultra Dual, but in reality my smartphone in antutu score is around 50000 points and more, Doogee scores is around 45000 and less. But if you see in Doogee it have more ram, which is important for smartphone performance speed, have the same 13 pixels camera, but who have Doogee siad camera quality is worst as many similars models and ect. Most chinese manufactors (how i read, know and saw) like to add in theirs devices a lot of features, to update into latest operating system and ect, but often these smartphones quality is very poor, smartphones is slow, often broken and ect. Sony quality is high and how i saw Sony's don't updating models which can work after update bad, so about Z5 series models was talking here a lot, i think enought to talk once again how you are hurt, but ask yourself do you really want smartphone with latest operating system with which you can use normal, coz will be bad performance, always will freeze, lags and ect.? I think no, so how good is Z5 and all these series models, but sometime impossible to get newest operating system, coz smartphone can work bad. By the way this is just my opinion, why Sony don't updating it i don't know, so reasons can be others, but believe me, i'm sure if Sony will not have reasons to don't update, i think they will update it, i think is important reason for that Slightly smiling Face

Z5 owners, guys and gi.rls, maybe enought to talk about that? Z5 series will not get Oreo, and yours posts will not change that - i'm sure 100% Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Learner
Message 329 of 1,274
Message 329 of 1,274

Re: Welcome to the Forum, please introduce yourselves!

Hi Why Xperia XA Ultra android 8 oreo ? Actually, this is one of the flagship models of the Sony brand.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 330 of 1,274
Message 330 of 1,274

Android8

Android8