account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

0a1
One time poster
Message 21 of 192
Message 21 of 192

Android 8.0 Oreo AOSP Released

Hi, i wonder if xperia xa1 will have android 8 update. 

Regular
Message 22 of 192
Message 22 of 192

Android 8.0 for Sony Xperia Z5 & Z5 Premium

To the Sony team

I've been a long term and loyal customer of Sony. Been convincing family and friends to move over to Sony phones. I currently have a Sony Xperia Z5 Premium (Sony's 4K flagship phone). At this stage my phone is still on Android 6.0.1 build 5.11. I have not updated it due to the fear of all the problems the Z5 users have been experiencing. 

I do to, like a lot of Z5 users, agree that the best built ever for the Z5 series was android 6.0.1. Best performance, smooth interface and best ever battery life. No other built could be compared to it. 

As my reference mentioned, all we as Z5 users (especially like me Z5 Premium) are asking is to update our phone to Android 8.0. I meen after all, there has been countless and countless of reviews on the Z5 and more so on the Z5 Premium (Sony's first ever 4k phone!). Dont let us (your most valuable assests) and all the journalists, magazines, bloggers, etc down and not update the phones. The Z5 Premium is not even close to 2 years yet. Sony and everyone went out of their way to promote the Z5 Premium with its 4K screen, vivid colours and best design.

All we are asking is for one final horaah for the Z5 series. Makes us proud and please dont disappoint. We all know that you can. We know it. We believe in you Sony. Dont let us down!

Regular
Message 23 of 192
Message 23 of 192

Re: Android 8.0 for Sony Xperia Z5 & Z5 Premium

Just want to know two things.

Why has my post been shifted and combined with other posts?

Does Sony even reply to posts when it comes to new android updates for xperia phones?

Elite
Message 24 of 192
Message 24 of 192

Re: Android 8.0 for Sony Xperia Z5 & Z5 Premium

@Rstan

Just like any other major android flavors/updates, there will be recurrent questions, such as

which Xperias will be updated?

when is the update going to be released for ____ xperia?

when is the update going to be released in my country? 

etc.

There's no reason to fill the forum with multiple threads on the same topic, as information is released, I will update the main page of this thread. 

Feel free to ask any questions

On a side note, this is a global user based forum.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 25 of 192
Message 25 of 192

Sony Xperia XA Ultra ultra get to Android 8.0 not so

Please let me know

Elite
Message 26 of 192
Message 26 of 192

Re: Sony xperia ultra ultra get to Android 8.0 not so

@84965740034

All the info available it's posted at the beggining of this thread. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 27 of 192
Message 27 of 192

System update for android 8.0

Hello

Very good afternoon equipment Sony

The reason of this writing is only to verify if the device xperia E5 will have the opportunity to update to the system android 8.0 in order that it has a better experience by its compression thousand thanks.

I remain attentive to your comments

regards

Carlos.

One time poster
Message 28 of 192
Message 28 of 192

Will Z5 Receive Android 8 Oreo Update?

?

Visitor
Message 29 of 192
Message 29 of 192

Sony Z3 Plus Dual Android 8.0 Oreo??

Will the Sony Xperia Z3 Plus E6533 Dual get the new Android 8.0 Oreo??

Veteran
Message 30 of 192
Message 30 of 192

Re: Android 8.0 Oreo AOSP Released

0a1 wrote:

Hi, i wonder if xperia xa1 will have android 8 update. 

Gadget Match saying - YES smile happy But in Sony Mobile Blog there is no any official list or information about Oreo, so i'm not sure that this list which posted in Gadget Match is 100% correct smile happy By the way some others web sites like: Android Guys or Gizbot posting the same information about XA1 smile happy

Don't forget to give kudos and to say thank you to user which helped you, it's not hard to do for you, but it's important for helper smile happy