account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

Learner
Message 151 of 1,265
Message 151 of 1,265

Re: Android 8.0 for Sony Xperia Z5 & Z5 Premium

@euphorics wrote:

@Chillll wrote:

I want to now Sony try to  take us down with being without new Android coz I love Sony phone's and I used Sony from the first z that they give until now I need to see how long will take to get new Android phone I will use it when the other companys  give it for all users 👥 after that I will ues it!!????  

Thanks any way 

Do you really though after you bought Premium device you will get all future updates? Grinning Face If you have any problems with yours smartphone the first try to fix it before scream here about new updates Slightly smiling Face Software is expensive process fro manufactor, so if there is no any reason to create one manufactor will not do that my opinion. Android is open source project, every can create own Android version with theirs money, so you ca do the same too, as i know, so where is the problem? Create yourself Slightly smiling Face

Dear euphorics,

Please don't blame all the people with your opinion only. I know why they're really disappointed... It's not just about money or hoping for major update in every year.

These devices were really good with marshmallow, and I don't understand why Sony does not provide an official way to allow users to save their data and revert back to 6 on their own pcs. Sony does not provided any solution came with nougat updates, and I'm very disappointed with Xz series also. I payed for Sony because of quality reason, not for updating devices in an endless loop. But I did not get quality with the nougat update.

Please Don't suggest to go with 3rd party software like XDA developers' work. If we have warranty and we payed for the support, they should provide a solution with their best effort. If I had a Z5 with the same issues and bugs like I have now with Xz, I would be very angry, if I had to go to a local sony support to revert back to Android 6 and had to pay attention to not to update it again. This is not a professional way...

Please don't make me crazy with your created own world, where any support costs irrelevant amount of money... They got my money when I bought their device... And that's all, it's really easy to understand.

I respect Sony, they made really good quality devices, but with this version of Android they have failed. This is the first time I feel myself disappointed. I don't wanna heart anyone, I love the brand and where they're going to go. I'm waiting for the update with regards, and I hope they can do their best with it.

Cheers

Visitor
Message 152 of 1,265
Message 152 of 1,265

Re: Android O

@euphorics wrote:

@GhKerh wrote:

Hi Fuzzy_wolf,

For this reason, my next smartphone (actually a Z5) will not be a Sony.

Why? Coz will not update into Oreo yours model? Grinning Face Do you really think that if will not get Z5 series this update will end life, your smartphone becames garbage? I think if smartphone have some issues you can try to fix it or bring it to authorized service for proffessional fix, but don't buy smartphone, coz manufactor will not update yours old model... for me it's silly reason, but... everybody have own opinion about that Slightly smiling Face I think Sony deserve much more respect, coz making really amazing smartphones and it doesn't matter that sometime they son't updating it Slightly smiling Face Update is expensive pleasure for manufactor, Android is open source so everybody can create own operating system, why you don't trying to do that? Slightly smiling Face To cry here everytime is so easy, but to do something so hard Slightly smiling Face

Mine neither will be a Sony again if my z5 premium does not Oreo.

If your opinion, euphorics, is that customers should expect to be abandoned 18 months into the purchase of an extremely expensive purchase, that is YOUR opinion.

If your opinion, euphorics,  is that having paid a lot of money to Sony to support the phone that people should "create their own android", it is your own opinion.

If you, euphorics, think people should 'respect' Sony after people drop huge money on outright phones cos Sony can't get deals with carriers and then still accept Sony's lack of commitment to its products, then that's your opinion.

IMHO your opinions don't wash.

I spent $1300 on my phone outright and I'm not going to tollerate being left 6 months before my warranty expires with a phone that's been abandoned. It's speced above that of many of those currently being produced. There are only POLICY reasons for Sony to not give it Oreo. And if you treat your flagship customers like they're disposable after 18 months, don't be surprised if they think your company is too.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 153 of 1,265
Message 153 of 1,265

@Szabyfox wrote:

@euphorics wrote:

@Chillll wrote:

I want to now Sony try to  take us down with being without new Android coz I love Sony phone's and I used Sony from the first z that they give until now I need to see how long will take to get new Android phone I will use it when the other companys  give it for all users 👥 after that I will ues it!!????  

Thanks any way 

Do you really though after you bought Premium device you will get all future updates? Grinning Face If you have any problems with yours smartphone the first try to fix it before scream here about new updates Slightly smiling Face Software is expensive process fro manufactor, so if there is no any reason to create one manufactor will not do that my opinion. Android is open source project, every can create own Android version with theirs money, so you ca do the same too, as i know, so where is the problem? Create yourself Slightly smiling Face

Dear euphorics,

Please don't blame all the people with your opinion only. I know why they're really disappointed... It's not just about money or hoping for major update in every year.

These devices were really good with marshmallow, and I don't understand why Sony does not provide an official way to allow users to save their data and revert back to 6 on their own pcs. Sony does not provided any solution came with nougat updates, and I'm very disappointed with Xz series also. I payed for Sony because of quality reason, not for updating devices in an endless loop. But I did not get quality with the nougat update.

Please Don't suggest to go with 3rd party software like XDA developers' work. If we have warranty and we payed for the support, they should provide a solution with their best effort. If I had a Z5 with the same issues and bugs like I have now with Xz, I would be very angry, if I had to go to a local sony support to revert back to Android 6 and had to pay attention to not to update it again. This is not a professional way...

Please don't make me crazy with your created own world, where any support costs irrelevant amount of money... They got my money when I bought their device... And that's all, it's really easy to understand.

I respect Sony, they made really good quality devices, but with this version of Android they have failed. This is the first time I feel myself disappointed. I don't wanna heart anyone, I love the brand and where they're going to go. I'm waiting for the update with regards, and I hope they can do their best with it.

Cheers

The first, don't talk on behalf of all users. Some users don't care warranty and they with pleasure flashing XDA developers software. When i tried in past to explain to user about the consequences of root and unofficial flashed software, i got the same unsatisfied answer like now from you. So after that i'm trying to write how possible to update software including unofficial ways only. The same i wrote to you. Did i something wrong? I don't think so. It is normal that someone don't like my answer. For all users impossible to be good. I'm trying to give all and full information which i know in question which asked user. I did not blamed people as you wrote with my opinion. I just tried to explain you that to update yours smartphone is not the same as to click with fingers and software is ready, to create software cost much more than you can image, also it's much more longest process as you want to be. You know if say honesty for me is strange how loud you blaming here Sony and others which trying to explain you, but when talk turns around about you, you starting to act a victim. Maybe the first to do something, then scream here about how you are disadvantaged. Second as i wrote to other users, Sony must to support you in period which is mentioned by retailer and Sony. But Sony don't must to create every software for yours model, even if there is no reason to do that. It's 2 different things is to support and to create software. Do you understand what i'm talking about? Warranty support is for damages which was due to fault of the manufacturer. It's not meant to create every time software. For example i updated some weeks ago my Xperia C5 Dual to Marshmallow and i noticed some issues which i wrote here, in this forum and reported to local support. They registrated as Sony mistake and now i'm waiting for Sony these issues when will be fixed. My opinion if Sony will detect these issues too, i think they will release small update to fix it, if these issues is only in my smartphone, that's mean that Sony will not released any update. Do you understand where is difference between support and to create new update. I don't require Nougat or Oreo for my model, i just informing about problems which i detected and waiting maybe will be small update which will fix these issues. Get it? So maybe it's time to stop to play victim and do the same? You wrote that you can get back to previous software version? That's why you need Oreo? Authorized service refuses to downgrade to Marshmallow? You know there is again simple way to flash Marshmallow which official software which you can find in internet. Warranty? If you know how to talk with authorized service warranty will not be void. For this no need to root smartphone as i know, it's simple flash with for explame Flashtool. But off course i don't take responsibility of that, it's your desicion to flash or not. But again if say honesty authorized service must to do everything like you want, but this is just my opinion, which again you can don't like. And don't blame Sony if in yours country/market authorized service don't working fine, it's not Sony fault, do you really think Sony must everytime check in all world who working in these service? As i know they doing qualification tests in every year or often (i'm talking about my location services, in yours and others can be different)... So the first look in yours yard, then throw full of malice stones at the others yard. Z5 series models will not get Oreo as i know, that's all and any prays here will not helps as i saw... So maybe it's time to stop pollute forum where users coming with REAL* problems? Slightly smiling Face

* To require everytime for new Android version MY OPINION is not REAL problem, as some expert saying there are type of humans which must always have newest models, newest software versions and ect. And it doesn't matter that old is good... Slightly smiling Face

UPDATED:

Warranty can you show me where is written that Sony must create every update for you? By the way you payed for device which Sony must support for limited time, which is specified in retailer (seller) and Sony's documents (information papers), it's difference things is to pay for device which is supporting for limited time and separately to pay for support, you mentioned these things as one, but these things is not the same as i know. At all warranty means that in authorized service will fix your smartphone for free, if is guilty manufactor, this is not means that Sony after you bought theirs devices will update it all the time. When you bought smartphone it worked fine? So what do you want? Maybe after that you rooted or somehow modified, maybe you incorrect used it. That's why you have trouble with it now. A lot of users here coming with problems, but in a lot of situations is guilty same user as i saw. Maybe you are the one from these companies of users, how you proof to me what you used smartphone according to instructions? So maybe time to shut up about new Android update and act like a person? If you have trouble with yours device there are a lot of measures to eliminate problems:

1. This forum

2. Online Support

3. Authorized service (in yours location) and ect.

So stop crying as child and try these things before you again will post something Slightly smiling Face

P.S. I'm not trying to offend you, i just tired to discuss about the same things with all, if say honest these excuses why need newest updates for me is silly. Coz there are a lot of measures how to fix smartphone without update which part of it i mentioned, so i just can't understand some of you, so is strange for me when you giving answer some of you always are dissatisfied. If Sony don't updating yours model that's mean there is reason for that Slightly smiling Face

Apprentice
Message 154 of 1,265
Message 154 of 1,265

Re: Regarding oreo update

Laggy? I am using XPERIA XZ as my daily driver and yet I never experienced lag most of the time. It is fluid, smooth and snappy. There is always around 800-900MB of RAM free. With Smart Cleaner switched on, it made my smartphone as fast as when I first got it. Really, looking forward to the update everyone have been waiting, with performance improvements and slightly new interface

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 155 of 1,265
Message 155 of 1,265

@ENDERFREAK wrote:

Laggy? I am using XPERIA XZ as my daily driver and yet I never experienced lag most of the time. It is fluid, smooth and snappy. There is always around 800-900MB of RAM free. With Smart Cleaner switched on, it made my smartphone as fast as when I first got it. Really, looking forward to the update everyone have been waiting, with performance improvements and slightly new interface

If you always taking proper care of yours device, it always will work fine, if someone know only how to complain - new update will not help too Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 156 of 1,265
Message 156 of 1,265

Sorry but you didn't understand that I wrote. First of all, Nope, nope and nope, I will not shut up. It's a forum... Slightly smiling Face I did not modified or rooted the software and also I don't want to make it in the future. I have XZ and not Z5. I just updated to Nougat with its official way. They failed with Nougat, and it's (not just) the manufacturer's fault. Everyone knows, that the version 7.1.1 has a lot of issues. I don't cry for Oreo on every phone they have been launched back to 5 years ago. I cry for a solution. If this is a software to revert back with official way, or just a minor patch (7.1.2?) I think the customers would be satisfied with it. But there is no solution yet. The warranty covers the software and the hardware also as the phone is. The "limited" support should cover the software issues. They just don't have solution for the audio problems as well. It's a common issue too like the battery drain and performance problems. If this would be a tendency, they will lose customers, whether who we are from... We reported these and we are waiting for something... Not just a major software upgrade, anything else would be enough. The only solution is yet to revert back to Android 6 which can be done only with the local service help without the lose of warranty. In case of a disaster it would be suitable, but this is not that case.

I just simply don't understand why they're not going to update the phones with passed requirements to the latest version if it would solve the common issues as the other companies does? Neither I don't understand why they're not communicating with their customers about these problems. If you have exact information, please let us know, because as you wrote you know how does the software development costs and I can't imagine. Also you know why they're decided to not to face with issues we have. Please let us know¡¿ Slightly smiling Face

I don't blame Sony, I respect Sony because they done a very good job with a lot of quality devices.

I would like to see these in the future... Because Sony is a brand with high quality and innovative products.

PS.: and what about people who doesn't have knowledge and possibility to flash a custom firmware? Also the custom firmware has a number of issues so this won't resolve the problems, just exchange them to other kinds. Nevertheless, I know this is just my problem, not yours and nor others. Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 157 of 1,265
Message 157 of 1,265

Pwd po ba ma update sony m4 aqua 

Can I update?

GT

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 158 of 1,265
Message 158 of 1,265

@Ian23 wrote:

Pwd po ba ma update sony m4 aqua 

Can you update?

This is ENGLISH forum, that's why your post was translated with Google translator, if you have trouble with ENGLISH, you can use Google translator too Slightly smiling Face

About your question: Sony decided to not update Sony Xperia M4 Aqua, so official you can't update it to Oreo or Nougat. So last and final Android version for your model is Marshmallow Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 159 of 1,265
Message 159 of 1,265

@Szabyfox wrote:

Sorry but you didn't understand that I wrote. First of all, Nope, nope and nope, I will not shut up. It's a forum... Slightly smiling Face I did not modified or rooted the software and also I don't want to make it in the future. I have XZ and not Z5. I just updated to Nougat with its official way. They failed with Nougat, and it's (not just) the manufacturer's fault. Everyone knows, that the version 7.1.1 has a lot of issues. I don't cry for Oreo on every phone they have been launched back to 5 years ago. I cry for a solution. If this is a software to revert back with official way, or just a minor patch (7.1.2?) I think the customers would be satisfied with it. But there is no solution yet. The warranty covers the software and the hardware also as the phone is. The "limited" support should cover the software issues. They just don't have solution for the audio problems as well. It's a common issue too like the battery drain and performance problems. If this would be a tendency, they will lose customers, whether who we are from... We reported these and we are waiting for something... Not just a major software upgrade, anything else would be enough. The only solution is yet to revert back to Android 6 which can be done only with the local service help without the lose of warranty. In case of a disaster it would be suitable, but this is not that case.

I just simply don't understand why they're not going to update the phones with passed requirements to the latest version if it would solve the common issues as the other companies does? Neither I don't understand why they're not communicating with their customers about these problems. If you have exact information, please let us know, because as you wrote you know how does the software development costs and I can't imagine. Also you know why they're decided to not to face with issues we have. Please let us know¡¿ Slightly smiling Face

I don't blame Sony, I respect Sony because they done a very good job with a lot of quality devices.

I would like to see these in the future... Because Sony is a brand with high quality and innovative products.

PS.: and what about people who doesn't have knowledge and possibility to flash a custom firmware? Also the custom firmware has a number of issues so this won't resolve the problems, just exchange them to other kinds. Nevertheless, I know this is just my problem, not yours and nor others. Slightly smiling Face

I answered in yours questions in past posts, so i'll not going to discuss with about meaningless and senseless things again Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 160 of 1,265
Message 160 of 1,265

If these are meaningless for you then don't answer to our post with such a useless and careless things... Instead of these, please help them what they should do if they won't receive solution to their problem, like: "Sony will not provide this upgrade to your device, if you're not satisfied with the Nougat update, please visit your local service after you backed up all your data, and ask them to revert back to the latest Marshmallow one which worked fine."

This would be really better than just saying: "You idiots don't cry, buy new phone if you would like the newest software, or hack your device with custom firmware... I don't understand what's your problem, it would take irreal amount of money to help you!" etc...

You're a clever man, you could be able to do that.

Thank you in advance, cheers!