account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

One time poster
Message 131 of 466
Message 131 of 466

Re: Will Z5 Receive Android 8 Oreo Update?

Will z5 receive android 8 oreo update

Visitor
Message 132 of 466
Message 132 of 466

Why does the sony xperia xa do not update android oreo?

If your hardware allows It. 

Apprentice
Message 133 of 466
Message 133 of 466

Re: Android 8.0 for Sony Xperia Z5 & Z5 Premium

Wherever, and for whatever reason his post is moved, the point is still valid:  I own 2 Z5 Premiums. Great phone....until Nougat broke basic network reliability.  I have to reboot every other day, sometimes not for weeks, but other times multiple times a day, just to get cell service funtioning. I've told my girlfriend not to upgrade past Marshmallow because of this.

Sony owes Z5 Premium owners a final, solid update on either Nougat or preferably Oreo.  And RAW support would be a nice extra love note to its devoted customers. 

One time poster
Message 134 of 466
Message 134 of 466

Android O

Translation via Google Translate:

We expect the Oreo 8.0 update.

Oreo 8.0 güncellemesini bekliyoruz. 

Learner
Message 135 of 466
Message 135 of 466

Re: Android O

I'd be really disappointed if Sony doesn't update the Z5 series to Android Oreo. One of the main reason i bought it was because I've used the Xperia Z and that had a good track record of getting updates.

Veteran
Message 136 of 466
Message 136 of 466

Fuzzy_Wolf wrote:

I'd be really disappointed if Sony doesn't update the Z5 series to Android Oreo. One of the main reason i bought it was because I've used the Xperia Z and that had a good track record of getting updates.

Xperia Z5 out with Lolipop 5.1.1 software version, already got Marshmallow and Nougat... Do you really expect to get all others future Android updates? smile happy By the way is strange reason to buy smartphones for chance to get updates, i buying smartphone for reasons to have good device with chance to get converstation with my close friends or family members, to get mini multimedia "center" in my hands and ect., but to buy smartphone for reason to get all the time updates, it's not little silly reason? smile happy

Don't forget to give kudos and to say thank you to user which helped you, it's not hard to do for you, but it's important for helper smile happy
Veteran
Message 137 of 466
Message 137 of 466

Oreo wrote:

Translation via Google Translate:

We expect the Oreo 8.0 update.

Oreo 8.0 güncellemesini bekliyoruz. 

Unfortunately impossible to update all models which releasing Sony with latest software versions of Android: devices can work improperly after update, operating system can be incompatible with equipment which have models and ect. As i know Sony all the time trying to update as many possible models, but if yours model is not listed in devices list which getting latest operating system in internet there is for example XDA Forum's developers which all the time trying to create latest versions for devices which can't get operating sytem official. But keep in mind these operating systems aren't official from Sony, and Sony don't support it. But if you don't have any others ways to get update which you want, XDA developers is one of way to get it smile happy 

Don't forget to give kudos and to say thank you to user which helped you, it's not hard to do for you, but it's important for helper smile happy
Veteran
Message 138 of 466
Message 138 of 466

Re: Will Z5 Receive Android 8 Oreo Update?

Hussein0009 wrote:

Will z5 receive android 8 oreo update

No smile happy

Enthusiast
Message 139 of 466
Message 139 of 466

Hi Fuzzy_wolf,

For this reason, my next smartphone (actually a Z5) will not be a Sony.

Veteran
Message 140 of 466
Message 140 of 466

GhKerh wrote:

Hi Fuzzy_wolf,

For this reason, my next smartphone (actually a Z5) will not be a Sony.

Why? Coz will not update into Oreo yours model? yahoo Do you really think that if will not get Z5 series this update will end life, your smartphone becames garbage? I think if smartphone have some issues you can try to fix it or bring it to authorized service for proffessional fix, but don't buy smartphone, coz manufactor will not update yours old model... for me it's silly reason, but... everybody have own opinion about that smile happy I think Sony deserve much more respect, coz making really amazing smartphones and it doesn't matter that sometime they son't updating it smile happy Update is expensive pleasure for manufactor, Android is open source so everybody can create own operating system, why you don't trying to do that? smile happy To cry here everytime is so easy, but to do something so hard smile happy