account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

One time poster
Message 1251 of 1,261
Message 1251 of 1,261

I can't update my phone to Android 8 or 9

My phone is sony XZs (version 7.1.1) and I want to update it to android 8 or 9 but I can't update it in the update system.Please Help me!!!

Learner
Message 1252 of 1,261
Message 1252 of 1,261

Re: Update ?

No error, it's saying my device is updated. One friend got it on his XA2 before 2 weeks and that is why im wondering why i don't get the update from nowhere. 

One time poster
Message 1253 of 1,261
Message 1253 of 1,261

Android update

Hi, i am from the Philippines. I wonder why my xperia z5 have not yet receive any android update until now despite of its specification that its android system is upgradable up to nougat. Please help. Thank you

One time poster
Message 1254 of 1,261
Message 1254 of 1,261

Upgrading the Android system to 8

Upgrading the Android system to 8

Sony Xperia Support
Message 1255 of 1,261
Message 1255 of 1,261

Re: Upgrading the Android system to 8

Hi @Besıktas,

Android 7.1.1 is the latest available software version for the Xperia Z5-series as has not receive the update to Android 8 (Oreo), you will not be able to update to this version.

I hope that answers your question!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Pioneer
Message 1256 of 1,261
Message 1256 of 1,261

Re: Upgrading the Android system to 8

None of them will be getting updated / upgraded anymore, because Sony have completed abandoned their smartphones and tablets in almost every market... Good work Sony.

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
One time poster
Message 1257 of 1,261
Message 1257 of 1,261

Xperia XZ

Is android 9 come for xperia xz?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 1258 of 1,261
Message 1258 of 1,261

Re: Xperia XZ

Hi @Esmaeel1996,

The Xperia XZ was not on the list of devices that received Android Pie and as far as I can remember, a device that was not on the original list has not received an update almost a year after it was released.

I hope that answers your question!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 1259 of 1,261
Message 1259 of 1,261

Z2 system software vulnerabilities

Модель D6503, Версия ПО 6.0.1. Антивирус нашёл 7 уязвимостей системы. Планируется ли обновление программного обеспечения Z2, для ликвидации уязвимостей? Или Z2 уже списали со счетов?

Model D6503, Software Version 6.0.1. Antivirus found 7 system vulnerabilities. Are you planning to upgrade the Z2 software to eliminate vulnerabilities? Or have Z2 already been written off?

-GT

One time poster
Message 1260 of 1,261
Message 1260 of 1,261

How do I upgrade to android 8.0?

Здравствуйте у меня Sony Xperia xz f8331 я использую его долгое время. Сейчас у меня стоит Android 7.0 но в приложении поддержка говорить что доступно Android 8.0 но в разделе обновление по написано что у меня самая последняя версия Android стоит как мне обновится до android 8.0

Hello, I have a Sony Xperia xz f8331 I have been using it for a long time. Now I have Android 7.0, but in the application support it says that Android 8.0 is available, but in the update section it says that I have the latest version of Android, how do I upgrade to android 8.0

-GT