account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

Message 1141 of 1,252
Message 1141 of 1,252

Re: Why my phone Don't get updated

Hi @Mahdi6633

Which was your last software update on your device?

Have you tried to connect your device via Xperia Companion?

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Apprentice
Message 1142 of 1,252
Message 1142 of 1,252

Hi I do not remember, but I think that was a version before 48.1.A.2.50 because I use the flash tool for update since my phone don't get updates

About language I'm trying sorry if it's hilarious 😓

One time poster
Message 1143 of 1,252
Message 1143 of 1,252

About android update

When will we get update for Android 8.0...... For sony xperia xa

Message 1144 of 1,252
Message 1144 of 1,252

Hi  @Mahdi6633

That´s ok! I can understand you. Don´t worry Slightly smiling Face

About the updates, since you are updating via flashtool, do you have your phone rooted?

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Apprentice
Message 1145 of 1,252
Message 1145 of 1,252

I don't think so I used flash tool just for update - now I have another problem I don't know way when I use camera in  Google translate I got force stop?? 

Commissioner
Message 1146 of 1,252
Message 1146 of 1,252

Any updates soon for the XA2 H3113? 

Message 1147 of 1,252
Message 1147 of 1,252

@Mahdi6633

To official update your device, you need to use Xperia Companion. Flashtool isn´t the official way. Did you use the program to root your device or to install a software update in a faster way, by flashing a firmware from another country?

Hi @cobbler

I wasn´t able to find your model number. However, Sony Mobile confirmed that XA2 series will get Android P in early 2019. Until then, you´ll likely get montly security patches. But please, be aware that  software rollouts are a phased process – timing and availability will vary by market and/or operator. Most models supported but some operator/market exceptions will apply.

Apprentice
Message 1148 of 1,252
Message 1148 of 1,252

Thank you for your answer my phone is XA1 Ultra Dual G3212 and no i dont root my phone and after flashing via flash tool i used xperia companion for repair to download official version 

When I used flash tools in section whip I selecte Qnovo so may it cause problems in battery charge?? 

and if yes how I fix it?

Message 1149 of 1,252
Message 1149 of 1,252

@Mahdi6633

Try to perform a Software Repair using Xperia Companion Slightly smiling Face

NOTE that this will erase all your internal memory files (no the data from an sd-card), and install the latest software available for your device!

This video shows how to repair and reinstall the software of an unresponsive ("dead") device, thus making it possible to use it again. The software repair is performed using the computer program Xperia Companion, which can be downloaded from the Sony Mobile support web site: ...
Learner
Message 1150 of 1,252
Message 1150 of 1,252

xa ultra update

hi peeps, I keep reading conflicting info off Internet so I thought I would come to the peeps that are in the know 

so will my xperia xa ultra running on 7.0 be receiving the oreo 8.0 update?? 

thanks in advance 

andrew