account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

Adviser
Message 1081 of 1,252
Message 1081 of 1,252

Re: Update..

@cobbler wrote:

@A24mb wrote:

Yup. I already tried to connect it to xperia companion in my computer but still it appears on the pc screen that my phone has the latest software eventhough not. 

Try disconnecting from computer then reconnect, sometimes doing this right away brings up a different result. 

Try updating directly to your cp without usin the companion. Updates are limited to certain Sony phones. An older phone cannot be updated.

Message 1082 of 1,252
Message 1082 of 1,252

@A24mb

Updates availability depends on a specific characteristic of your device called "customization version". You can check this version by dialing the code *#*#7378423#*#* the tap on "Software info", then check what's the latest update released for your customization version on Xpericheck.com

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 1083 of 1,252
Message 1083 of 1,252

Android oreo

Translation via Google Translate:

Hi, how can I update the Android oreo to XA1 ULTRA I'm from Peru.

Thanks for the reply

Hola, como puedo actualizar el Android oreo al XA1 ULTRA soy de Perú.

Gracias por la respuesta

Regular
Message 1084 of 1,252
Message 1084 of 1,252

Thanks. I will try it. 

Message 1085 of 1,252
Message 1085 of 1,252

Re: Android oreo

@Ifcismael

I used Google Translate to find the meaning of your message. Kindly post your future questions/feedbacks in English so we can assist you, this is an English based forum.

Connect your phone to a PC/Mac with Xperia Companion installed via USB, and if the update is available for your phone the software will notify you.

Bear in mind that updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Regular
Message 1086 of 1,252
Message 1086 of 1,252

There is no available update for my phone based on my customization version. My xz1 was still using July 2017 security patch. Oudated indeed! Hahahaha

One time poster
Message 1087 of 1,252
Message 1087 of 1,252

Oreo update nsw Australia unlocked

My xpdria x is still on 7.1.1, its unlocked and ive tried optus and telstra sim still no update, im in nsw Australia. 

Learner
Message 1088 of 1,252
Message 1088 of 1,252

Will the L1 get oreo update?

Will the L1 get oreo update? 

Regular
Message 1089 of 1,252
Message 1089 of 1,252

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

My Sony xperia xa1ultra dual mobile letest software update please

Inhabitant
Message 1090 of 1,252
Message 1090 of 1,252

When can we expect the next update

To get our phones fixed?