account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

Enthusiast
Message 61 of 1,245
Message 61 of 1,245

Re: Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

Very disappointed for not including xa devices in oreo updating list. Sony Please consider xa owners. 

One time poster
Message 62 of 1,245
Message 62 of 1,245

Re: Android 8.0 Oreo AOSP Released

Android 8.0 will be available for our Xperia XA1, Xperia XA1 Ultra, Xperia XA1 Plus

Kow
Adviser
Message 63 of 1,245
Message 63 of 1,245

No Android 8 for the z5? Seriously? It's still a premium phone and what's more, it means that z5 owners are going to be lumbered with 7, which is without a doubt the worst, most problematic Android that's been released on an Xperia (lousy battery, terrible Bluetooth, slow and sluggish, no groups or filtering in contacts, overheating). Shocking. I'll be going for custom firmware if this is the case.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 64 of 1,245
Message 64 of 1,245

@Kow wrote:

No Android 8 for the z5? Seriously? It's still a premium phone and what's more, it means that z5 owners are going to be lumbered with 7, which is without a doubt the worst, most problematic Android that's been released on an Xperia (lousy battery, terrible Bluetooth, slow and sluggish, no groups or filtering in contacts, overheating). Shocking. I'll be going for custom firmware if this is the case.

I'm sure you say the same about Oreo if you could update into it - do you really want that your smartphone start working inferiority? I'm sure Sony thought about yours model, but i think they decided to do not update for reason that Oreo will works improperly (but this is just my opinion) Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 65 of 1,245
Message 65 of 1,245

Re: Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

@senthilkumar1 wrote:

Very disappointed for not including xa devices in oreo updating list. Sony Please consider xa owners. 

Sometime i thinking that some users buying smartphones for reason to get newest updates and very disappointed when they don't get Grinning Face XA is not bad midrage smartphone, but as i mentioned before Sony just too less updating it... but perharps there are some reasons for that, maybe one of that, that Oreo can work improperly in it Slightly smiling Face Others reasons i can't to imagine, off course there is expenditure questions, but... maybe and for this one Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 66 of 1,245
Message 66 of 1,245

Re: Android O for Z5 premium/ Z5 premium dual

@Xjoshualaw29 wrote:

Hello, 

May i know the requirements for android O? If the Z5 meets the requirements, when will we get the update? The Question: Will there be an update for Z5? Please answer ASAP. 

Thanks

The first Z5 will not get Oreo, so i don't see any point to ask about date of release, also i don't found any requirements of Oreo in internet, i think it's faster manufacturer's necessity, business and matter which devices to update, coz for manufacturer it cost a lot of money, so yours claims, wishes will not helps, there is no point to investing where there is no benefit Slightly smiling Face There is developers which creating unofficial versions of newest softwares, so you can always to install these updates, off course manufacturers i think don't recommends it, coz it can brick smartphone, but it depends users... I did not got (STILL) Marshmallow, but i have warranty and i don't see point to lose warranty, but to have Marshmallow unofficial... Why? Will be better? I don't think Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 67 of 1,245
Message 67 of 1,245

Android 8

We're not going to get android 8?

Message 68 of 1,245
Message 68 of 1,245

Re: Android 8

@Maor

No. At least not officially according to the current list.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

One time poster
Message 69 of 1,245
Message 69 of 1,245

Improve sony phone softwere upadate

Why did sony stop update this phone.there is a bug in phone contact and when come masege form what's app there is an bug. Also fb application and camara applications some time not responding because of 7.1.1 update please inform these for your chilf head.now we have to deside will future we buy sony phones In the same hadwere have in Huawei nexus 6p and they release android for that phone. Will Xperia z5 get android 8?because 7.1.1 have performance issues. Some app are some time not responding and stuck In the future every one buy nexus and pixel device because they have good upadate

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 70 of 1,245
Message 70 of 1,245

Re: Improve sony phone softwere upadate

@Manuja wrote:

Why did sony stop update this phone.there is a bug in phone contact and when come masege form what's app there is an bug. Also fb application and camara applications some time not responding because of 7.1.1 update please inform these for your chilf head.now we have to deside will future we buy sony phones In the same hadwere have in Huawei nexus 6p and they release android for that phone. Will Xperia z5 get android 8?because 7.1.1 have performance issues. Some app are some time not responding and stuck In the future every one buy nexus and pixel device because they have good upadate

Z5 series models will not get Oreo. If you have problems with camera and ect., repair yours smartphone with Xperia Companion, it must help Slightly smiling Face