account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 8.0 Oreo When are we getting it? which Xperias will be updated?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 161 of 1,267
Message 161 of 1,267

Re: Android 8.0 for Sony Xperia Z5 & Z5 Premium

@Szabyfox wrote:

If these are meaningless for you then don't answer to our post with such a useless and careless things... Instead of these, please help them what they should do if they won't receive solution to their problem, like: "Sony will not provide this upgrade to your device, if you're not satisfied with the Nougat update, please visit your local service after you backed up all your data, and ask them to revert back to the latest Marshmallow one which worked fine."

This would be really better than just saying: "You idiots don't cry, buy new phone if you would like the newest software, or hack your device with custom firmware... I don't understand what's your problem, it would take irreal amount of money to help you!" etc...

You're a clever man, you could be able to do that.

Thank you in advance, cheers!

Show me where i wrote that you or others are idiot??? It's slander about my posts. And you think i'm going to discuss with you further when you distorting my posts??? I warning you again stop to pollute forum, here coming users which want to get or to give to others users help without any senseless, pointless and meaningless  yours discuss. Everything i already wrote to you and it's last warning to you, if you will not stop writing the same nonsenses to me and you again will slander me i'll report you as: provocative, disrespectful, defaming user to Sony's team, without next warning! If you have to say me something there is personal messages, this is public forum for REAL problems, but this is not for yours pique Angry Face

P.S. If you can't get normal help from others maybe it's your problems, didn't you think like that? Now i can image how you asked authorized service to downgrade yours software... Trying to be nicely, but can't stop arguing, even if you are not right and EVEN when somebody trying to say you - STOP ARGUING!!! Anguished Face

IF SONY DON'T LETTING TO DOWNGRADE , TO UPDATE TO OREO YOURS MODEL, MAYBE IS REASON, DIDN'T YOU THINK ABOUT THAT TOO??? OR SONY MUST GIVE YOU 100% CONTROL OF EVRYTHING??? LITTLE BIT RELAX, TAKE A TEA AND TAKE A SNAP, COZ YOU NERVES ME WITH YOURS ABNORMAL HARASSMENT!!! END OF DISCUSS!!!

Message 162 of 1,267
Message 162 of 1,267

Re: Android 8.0 for Sony Xperia Z5 & Z5 Premium

Please keep the discussion friendly. Everyone one here has the same amount of freedom to express his/her opinion as long as it doesn't violate the community's discussion guidelines. It's not a debate club so kindly leave the personal arguments aside.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 163 of 1,267
Message 163 of 1,267

Re: Regarding oreo update

Does anyone know if there would be any feature update with the new Oreo software? I mean some improvements in battery usage, better camera control etc...

Thanks!

Message 164 of 1,267
Message 164 of 1,267

@Szabyfox

Check the first post:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/Android-8-0-Oreo-When-are-we-getting-it-which-Xperia...

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adviser
Message 165 of 1,267
Message 165 of 1,267

Can we expect it for this month's update. So stoked for 8.0's rootless Substratum support. Hopefully this carries on to Sony's version.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 166 of 1,267
Message 166 of 1,267

@Madthane wrote:

Can we expect it for this month's update. So stoked for 8.0's rootless Substratum support. Hopefully this carries on to Sony's version.

As i know there is no any offcial information when release Oreo from Sony, only what i found is post from Sony Mobile developers page: "AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo now available on Sony’s Open Devices programSlightly smiling Face

More information about Sony Mobile activity you can find in: Sony Mobile blog, Sony Mobile, Sony Mobile Developers, Facebook, Twitter or Google+ and offcourse Youtube Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 167 of 1,267
Message 167 of 1,267

Any news on the z4 tablet yet, can't c it on the list? 

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 168 of 1,267
Message 168 of 1,267

@randombeats wrote:

Any news on the z4 tablet yet, can't c it on the list? 

As you can see Z4 Tablet is not listed, so it will not get Oreo Slightly smiling Face

Oreo will get these Sony's Xperia models: Xperia X, Xperia X Performance, Xperia XZ, Xperia X Compact, Xperia XZ Premium, Xperia XZs, Xperia XA1, Xperia XA1 Ultra, Xperia Touch and Xperia XA1 Plus  (Xperia XZ1 & Xperia XZ1 Compact will launch on Android Oreo) Slightly smiling Face

Funny.jpg

Adviser
Message 169 of 1,267
Message 169 of 1,267

thnx, such a shame for  a powerfull tablet

Regular
Message 170 of 1,267
Message 170 of 1,267

Re: Android 8.0 (Oreo) Update

To all the Z5 users

Please look at the following link about the Google Nexus 6P

https://www.google.co.za/amp/www.knowyourmobile.com/amp/mobile-phones/android-oreo/24412/nexus-6p-an...

Also look at the GSM arena link about the Nexus 6P 

https://m.gsmarena.com/huawei_nexus_6p-7588.php

Now look at the GSM arena link about the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium 

https://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z5_premium-7536.php

So what does everyone see? Omw look at the release dates. Its the same September 2015. Wow now thats a shocker. Whats worse is when everyone is going on about 18months support date and snapdragon 810 not supporting Android 8.0 Oreo, Google is updating its older than 18month phone.

So to everyone who still wants to say anything about 18months think again. This is going to stop. Sony you have to update the Xperia Z5 range. You have absolutely no excuse anymore. None whatsoever. Absolute nonsense that we are not getting the android oreo update. If Google can update the Nexus 6P with exactly the same specs as the Z5 series, then so can Sony too. So I say this too all the Z5 users, we keep on pushing and pushing. Start a petition to show Sony that we are not satisfied with the way we have been left behind with battery problems, wifi problems, bluetooth problems, overheating, slow performance. No no no this stops. Enough is enough now. We are absolutely sick and tired of problems after problems. We as the Z5 users are and will get the Android 8.0 Oreo update. No excuses. We are not going to stop until our Z5 series phones are updated. The squeaking wheel will get oiled